• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wc21 progress shot

dougimes

progress on the wc21. Cab just about done, starting on cowl sheet metal.

anyone intested in a running list of parts I had to find and sources? Might try to keep post it as a pdf.

Attachments

dougimes

by the by,

I have accumulated some parts that someone might be interested in....
Have a hood, glove box door, slightly bent left windshied lower, cowl vent assly, .......

need some parts- tail light brackets, tailgate, data plates, right brake cylinders, right tail light, ........

tractor

It will fit. All 1/2 tons had the same glove box. TJ send me a pm and check out my photo gallery on here. I have owned 3 41 Dodge ambulances in the past year and am in the process of restoring one and am making parts for them

tjmarco

Chevy V8 ?

My WC 9 will not have a Chevy V8, but a Dodge 318 V8, a 420 four speed from a early 60's Dodge truck and axles and transfer case from a M37. I hope I dont upset to many people whit these mods. It will have combat wheels and Michelin radials. And track-locks on both diffs.

tractor

No, don't swap the motor because you have to cut up the firewall and its pretty hard to replace. I sold a cut up command car to a guy to replace just the firewall on a 9 that had just that done to it.

tjmarco

Wc 9 v8

To late,the motor is out and sold.No way to fit the V8 without cutting the firewall?It can be done on a 42 WC, I thougt they were the same length.

tractor

230 and 215 engines are available and easy to find. I pmed you my email I would like to see which version of the 9 your working with. There was 3 and 1st version less then 900 made 2nd less then 300 and third was the most made. I have owned several 1/2 ton ambulances and can tell you for value stay original

tractor

I know a small block will fit with the motor mounts changed. I know my first 9 one of the 250 had a small block in it without that much change

tjmarco

Wc 9

My 9 was in working condition wen I got it, by that I mean tha it ran. It had no front diff, just the axles, no third member. The rear dif was from a later WC, I put that in the WC 53. The rear axles fit the diff but had some slack. Like I said the motor AND trans AND transfer case are GONE.Sorry!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks