• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A2 Antennas

rcb

Greetings All !!!
Anyone know how many different antennas were used on the M925A2
trucks ?? Curious to know what my options are !!
Thanks...
Bob

Militoy

My April '88 copy of SB 11-131 ("Vehicular sets and authorized installations") covers the M925 - but doesn't specifically list the A2 model. Radios listed are AN/VRC-46, -64 and AN/GRC-160. The PLRS Surface Vehicle Unit is also authorized. Installation kits that would list specific antenna models are: MK-2301/G; MK-2538/VSQ-1 and MK-2562/VRC. A later Supply Bulletin specifically listing the A2 might add other radios. Hope this helps!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cargo trucks dont get the EPLRS system. I know they are authorized to, but I never saw one that did. Plus, you'll never find one out in civy life, and even if you did, you dont have the litterally multimillions of dollars of other commo stuff and vehicles that are needed to make the EPLRS system work. I dealt with FBCB2 and EPLRS and all that stuff in the Army.

Realistically, your options are the VRC-12 series of radios, and if you can find one, a NON ICOM SINCGARS. Cdub put a system in his M925A2...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks