• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Alabama tag info

anthony3478

Ok I recovered my m35 Monday, my question is do I need a sf-97 to get a tag, or just a bill of sale I received from GL, Alabama doesnt require a title for pre 74 vehicles, also there is no year on my bill of sale, so what do I tell the DMV

grounded

Banned
Bill of sale and go thats all you need from what other members i have read about posting up. something about GA/AL being alot easier then we are up here ;)

post up the numbers on your data plate and we will be able to post up the year for you

jrou111

I went to the DMV in Shelby county with my 'bill of sale' (PIF invoice from GL) and the documentation that came in the truck.

They supervisor had to come up to help the poor girl at the window. He went and made a call and came back and said that I needed an SF-97.

I called him later that week to find out why because pre-74 vehicles do not require a title per AL DMV website. His reasoning was that the GL bill of sale didn't indicate the year, make, model, or VIN on it.

Apparently, a legal vehicle bill of sale requires that info as well as a breakdown of tax (if it's not from an individual) The GL paperwork didn't have any of that, so I had no proof that it was pre-74. And because the data plate doesn't SAY 'date of manufacture' I couldn't go by the contract number.

I say go up there and try to register it. Jefferson or St. Clair county might be more lenient about it. In the mean time I now have pretty Florida titles for both trucks.

I do have 3 more deuces and a m1009 waiting to be picked up. I'm gonna sell the deuces to a friend and he'll sell them back with a properly written bill of sale, and the CUCV I'll get a SF-97 for.

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill of sale and go thats all you need from what other members i have read about posting up. something about GA/AL being alot easier then we are up here ;)

post up the numbers on your data plate and we will be able to post up the year for you

You do not need a SF97 in Ohio. Ohio accepts notarized Bill of Sale to get title. Ask the GL people in Scottsdale nicely for a notarized Bill of Sale. You will have to provide the info from the truck ID. Get the offered help from this site to establish the model year. The "Paid Invoice" is not a Bill of Sale.

Last edited:

Boner

Ok I recovered my m35 Monday, my question is do I need a sf-97 to get a tag, or just a bill of sale I received from GL, Alabama doesnt require a title for pre 74 vehicles, also there is no year on my bill of sale, so what do I tell the DMV

In GA no sf-97 needed for tag , no emissions cert. for diesel either, but you will need an inspection to get a title. You can get plates on 25 year old or older vehicle with bill of sale only. In GA you must register all vehicles within 30 days of sale or you get fined. You can't get plates unless you have insurance and you can't buy beer on Sundays.

Last edited:

scrapman

More & more it does make the $60 GL will charge you for the SF97/Florida title a real deal when that is what it takes to avoid all the DMV problems because of lacking the proper paperwork.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks