• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. Meade: Drive out and Storage Assistance Request!

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey everyone!

I just received a notice and paid invoice for a "running" M35A2C located at Ft. Meade, MD. The clock is now running!!! Yippeee!!!

I'm out of the country for the next 5 1/2 months. So I won't have the pleasure of driving off the base in my 1st OD rig.

Is there anyone willing and able to drive this truck off the base and store it till I can come pick it up? I'm willing to pay a reasonable fee for the effort and storage.

I have a back up plan with a professional hauler that I'll utilize if fellow SS members are not able to help out. My back up plan is to store it at a buddy's house in NY. The storage is free and the hauling ain't!

Thanks to all, and thanks SS.

Attn: moderator: This is double posted: here and in "Transportation Needs".

Rick

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Matthew,

Jake says he's available, but he has no storage solutions at hand.

Bob (actionfigurebob) has a parking place nearby but I cannot seem to get a hold of him.

I thought we had assembled a team, but the EUC approval process (24 days) took one of our key players!!!

I have a back up plan if something doesn't gel in the next few days. I would prefer to use the Maryland Chapter of SS for my 1st load out!

Rick

Ft. Meade pick up

Rick, sorry I have been MIA. Family issues. Back on track and still willing to help out with pick-up and storage at my farm. Anybody wanna go along for giggles?
Check your email. Actionfigure out.

rchalmers3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
afb,

Thanks for the communication, and thank you especially for your willingness to see this mission through. I look forward to our meeting this fall. I have sent you the load out documents, site manager letter and directions to your email.

To all readers: Maryland SS members have come forward and my truck will be removed from the site by able volunteers!

What a fantastic first GL experience!

I wish to thank the following SS members:

actionfigurebob
powerhousedeuce
jakecl15
atankersdad
westfolk

You guys rock! Your willingness to contribute is inspirational. Thanks to all, and if I forgot to mention you in the above list, please let me know.

Rick

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I couldn't help you sooner...let me know if you need further asistance....Pete
Hi Pete,

Actionfigurebob will be contacting the site manager and formulating a plan for extraction. The removal deadline is 4 May.

If you are interested, contact Bob and see how you could participate.

Thanks!

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks