• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V-100 with M-60 Searchlight

B3.3T

Some time ago somebody wanted to see a photo of a V-100 with an M-60 searchlight. Well here it is; an M-706E2 USAF model in Vietnam. Has an early 40mm launcher on board as well. Hope this posts right...

BLK HMMWV

M60 Search light

I have a search light similar to that one that I adapted to fit the TOW base plate on my HMMWV. I was told it was off of a M60 tank but it looks a little different. IT is a AN/VSS-3
Still looking for one of the connectors for the search light in order to get it up and running.

I think thats the first picture I've seen of a search light mounted to anything other than a tank.

BH

B3.3T

The USAF used V-100's for base security in Vietnam. This would be a great way to light up remote areas of the base, before the days of common NV usage. Surprised more weren't used.

Pawnshop

Is that the Honeywell hand crank 40mm? A friend told me they had some of those on his PBR for a while, he said he was never very good with it but some of his crew became expert "automatic" grenadiers.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
B3.3T, do you have any close up pics of the Cad-Gage spotlights used on the V100/V150?

Cheers

Edit- I attached the picture from B3.3T's link above for "one stop shopping" convenience, and in case the link dies.
It's a bit tatty, it is missing the horn, the fuel cap armoured cover, and all the tires are mounted the wrong way around! (At least the three I can see).

Attachments

Last edited: