• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What the heck is this?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like a M-2-4 WWII International. Lotsa fishplating on that frame. I have called Barstow Truck Parts REPEATEDLY trying to get them to give me a price on trucks listed in My Little Salesman, but no answers or return calls. Too bad, not everyone who calls is a tire kicker . . .

JDToumanian

Don't worry, they aren't going to scrap that.... I've seen the same trucks sitting there year after year, they seem to never scrap anything.

When you call, ask for James... He's the only one who works there that isn't (usually) a jerk.

That price doesn't seem too bad to me, if it's not rusty. If that crane is original to that truck, it appears to be very complete.

Jon

gerrykan

As NDT said: "International M-2-4".
The WWII Marine Corps' equivalent to the Army's Dodge 3/4 ton weapons carrier.
1-ton rating I believe, and I doubt the crane is original.

Attachments

FrankUSMC

The M2-4 is a very rare truck, finding one with the winch and bed is a find. Gerrycan, you are right they have a 1 ton rating. The photo you posted is of the M1-4 (half ton model), note the small tires and the spare on the drivers side, the M1-4 had two spares, one on the drivers side and one on the passenger side.
They were great trucks that were loved by the Marines.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
looks like someone wa a victim of a bomb.. I say scrap..
SCRAP????? As in CUT UP A STEEL SOLDIER and send the pieces to China???

I didn't see the price in the ad the first time. $2K is too not bad for a rust free California desert truck that is rare as hen's teeth.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never had a problem getting prices from them. Barstow is where me hemmtt seats came from. Pretty cool walking through their yards, alot of interesting stuff laying around.;-)

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The engines are Red Diamond, Green Diamond, etc and they were used in civy trucks of the day. Parts are available for those. For sheetmetal, its off to the fabricators or buy another parts truck. For wiring, Vintage Wiring of Maine will make you a new harness from what is left of yours. Brake parts, you will have to rebuild what you got. Driveline parts may or may not be available from some of the really old dealers that have not folded up, like Sam Winer Motors. But like anything like this, once you buy it and start asking around, you will find a secret community that owns these and has parts stashes.

Lonesome715

I know right now I cannot buy one of these trucks. But I have added it to my list of trucks I would like to own before I die. I would like to see recent photograph of a retored one and a not nice de-milled one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks