• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Great advice

BryanSimon

On my previous thread "Will a M818 pull a M172" I received some great advice from several of y'all. I've been window shopping trucks.com and other places and found that I can get a really great used civilian tractor with a 70" sleeper for a really reasonable amount of cash. I'm talking newer models like 2001s. So maybe my trucking company won't be military based. I'm gonna have to think up a new name - "Eighty Eight Mikes" won't cut it now dang it. Such a great name too.

I still have the jones for MVs, especially 5-ton and up, so maybe I could still hang with you guys?

Thanks,
Bryan

JohnnyReb

Well, I don't pretend to speak for anyone but myself; however, I think the appreciation for MV's is what qualifies one for membership here. Some members have sold their only MV and stayed in touch; others are still looking and learning....
I hang out here because: I love my MV, I depend on these fella's for help and advice on the hobby, and last but not least, these are a great bunch of guys..... :cry: (OK, so the holidays get to me....)

BryanSimon

Yeah, that was pretty sappy ;) good stuff, fun times. CORRECTION: the website I was looking at was truckER.com NOT trucks.com <--- ATTENTION TO DETAIL LADIES.

M35guy

You should stick with the eighty eight mikes name, it has a catchy ring to it.

I call my company Lawn Masters, its not the most unique name out there, but it has a great ring to it, and people like it.

To be a member here, I guess you could say we just have to appreciate the MVs for their coolness. nothing catches a mans eye like a 16000 pound miltary rig can. come to think of it, I LOVE the cool factor of the deuce. theres very little I wouldnt be able to do with one, its like having a Ford F350 with a 7.3L diesel and 4x4 with a C6 behind it, but a million times cooler and more useful.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks