• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manifold cracked

Two Dogs

The exhaust manifold is the Achilles heel of the CCKW and DUKW, in the 1950's stronger reinforced ones were made for the British Army, one of these was fitted to the CCKW I used to own and it completely overcame all the problems of distortion and cracking. Rex Ward has been trying for several years to get suitable heavy duty manifolds manufactured, latest news is that they will be available soon, see www.dukw.freeserve.co.uk
I have no connection with Rex other than as a satisfied customer. Hope this is of some help to you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks