• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is this a V-100

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I caught up with this trucker going north on Ohio SR122 the Friday that Star Trek opened at the theaters.

I know that Alan restores them in Middletown, OH but I didn't know if this was one of his. I know he said he would have one ready for sale in a few months and that was a few months ago.

This think looked perfect on the outside. Blue tape on the glass to protect it and beautiful paint job.

I just wanted to know if it is a V-100.

Yeah the pics are crappy cellphone types.....

thx
steve

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, is that as big as those pictures get? Even grainy, we could probably make out more detail if they were somewhat bigger.

More than likely it is the early V100 that belongs to another SS member, it should be due to travel to him about now.
Cheers

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Of all days I didn't have a good camera with me.....yes, that's all i could get with my cell.

I got pretty close when we slowed down but he never had to stop and I didn't want to try and get the car in front of him. :)

If it is one of Alan's restored ones it was some good work.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chicken!! Ya coulda had a great photo op if you could have got him stopped..:razz:

From what I have seen, Alan's work is always good. His Dayton show winner inspired me greatly. :drool::drool:

If this is the V we think it is, I'm sure the new owner will give us a good look in the near future.

Cheers

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He and gimp managed to convince me to show my second Deuce at an air show last fall even though I had not done a thing to it. He said that if you really want to show a Deuce it should look like it just came off the line with mud on it and just the way the service used it.

Other than painting it (just the way the military does) I took him at his word. :)

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! Beautiful restoration, bravo sir!

That must be the rarest of the rare, with the square wheel wells, early turret, etc. Very cool to see it brought back to life.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks