• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTB: Rt-524 set up and radio

Sevo

I am looking to buy a RT_524 radio. I am looking for a complete set up, radio, mount, surge protector, whip, etc... I need everything. Please let me know what you have even if its not complete.

thank you

Chris

Sevo

Thanks guys, I will contact the above and see what I can find out.

I was hoping to support a SS member first. I hope someone has something laying around.

please let me know what you guys have if anything.

Sevo

Theres a rt246 in the ss classifieds. I know its not the exact same radio but its close.

Jeff,

thank you for the info on the radio in the classifieds. I will contact him and see if we can work something out.

I always like supporting SS members. thank you again for the info

Chris

Sevo

You mentioned a surge protector, what vehicle are you putting this setup in? Iam just curious. Scott out
Scott,

going to be putting in a deuce. The reason why is the Vic-1 systems don't tolerate spikes very well. Gotta protect the investment.

Last edited:

Sevo

Well I just bought the rt-246 from the SS member in the classifieds. Thanks Rob!!

Now I need the Vic-1 set up. Anyone have any parts or the entire system they are looking to sell

If so please let me know.. Thank you to all who helped me find a radio.. I really appreciate it

tbanks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vic1

I have the complete VIC 1 set tested complete with amp,3 control boxes,3 cables,3 headsets with bailout cords for 350.00 plus shipping.

Sevo

Still looking for a vic system if anyone has one.. please let me know

Been looking on ebay but cant seem to find the AM 1780 amp or the mx-7777. Most everything else is on there.

and the search continues!

dittle

You'll really like the VIC-1 in your deuce. I just put one in mine and it makes road trips with a passenger go much faster as you don't have to yell at each other to talk. Had my wife test it with me on a road test and found that if you wear a set of ear plugs with the headsets it gets rid of a lot of the ambient noise that still gets past the head phones. You can still hear each other just fine, just turn up the volume on the 2298 boxes.

Sevo

You'll really like the VIC-1 in your deuce. I just put one in mine and it makes road trips with a passenger go much faster as you don't have to yell at each other to talk. Had my wife test it with me on a road test and found that if you wear a set of ear plugs with the headsets it gets rid of a lot of the ambient noise that still gets past the head phones. You can still hear each other just fine, just turn up the volume on the 2298 boxes.
Dan,
I cant wait to be able to talk to someone with out yelling. I am really looking forward to it. Good to know you can still hear when the plugs are in as well.

I have hear others have hooked up there i pods to it. I would like to do that as well. A little music on those road trips would held out a ton!!

Where did you mount your 2298 boxes?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks