• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newb here!

Socomsam

Hey all!

Name is Jeff and just wanted to introduce myself to everyone.

I spent several years in the Army (SOCOM Ft Bragg) during the 80's where I fell in love with the CUCV. I never tired of driving them! The jeep may have been the workhorse of the Army, but the CUCV was the stallion.

I bought my first M1009 back in 2000 and sold it to move to Vegas last year. Still regret it :(

inspired by Jim Newton, I plan on converting a Suburban to a CUCV :D I like the space the burbs have to offer, especially for families.

Anyway, I'll be hanging around. I'm not a mechanic, so I won't be able to offer much, but I do have one tip I learned from our Motor Pool Sgt.

Because military paint is porous, moisture will soak through to metal over time and begin the rust process. We used to spray a light dusting of furniture wax over the vehicles every so often. Worked like a charm! The water would bead!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard Jeff, glad to have you. I like Ike's burb too and would love to do one. Stick around, if you like green steel, this place has lots going on!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome Jeff!

There are lots of folks here with CUCV's, but before long, we'll have you in a deuce... :)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
mangus580 said:
this coming from someone who doesnt have either yet....

rofl
Easy hoss, I'm working on it............rofl

Warren Lovell

Oh just great Jeff!
It isn't enough that my wife dislikes my trucks....but when she finds out I've hijacked her furniture polish - I might as well file for the big D!

Welcome aboard Jeff...don't forget to get a Deuce as well. One mil vehicle is never enough.

Warren

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard, If you look at this site long enough you'll eventually find multiple olive drab objects in the yard and not know what happened??? :shock:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is so true. I even have a yellow project in the yard. It will be OD again before its done!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks