• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S250G Data plates and Q's

randyscycle

I have started working on my S250G and I'm getting it painted and ready to install into my M715.

I have the main plate on it that shows the dimensions and its in great shape, but all the others have been removed. There appears to have been 4 and possibly even 5 other plates. The rivets were drilled for the 4, and there were another set of holes that may or may not have had a plate on them.

Was there a variety of plates depending on what equipment was installed in the shelter?

Most of the usual MV suppliers only list the main data plate on their websites, that is the same one I have now. Does anyone know of a source for the plates other than the standard one? Does anyone have a good clear pic of their S250 plates?

Thanks in advance for any input!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the plates depend on exactly what was in the shelter. The S-250 I got had been a psych ops model that came back from Iraq. Mine had seven plates at one time. See attached.

Attachments

randyscycle

Thanks for the pic!

Seems that there are a lot of varieties of plates from the few pics I have been able to scare up on the net.

Mine appears to have had 4 or 5 only. I don't know the exact use it had, so I can't be sure of which plates were used, but I would like to find at least something close to what it had to put it back to looking like a correct S250.

ONTOS66

The data plates varied based on the equipment installed in the shelter. Mine was a RATT Rig (radio tele-type with a GRC-106 - all the radios had been removed unfortunately).

Attached is an over view shot of the data plates on the rear door, and a couple of closeups. Another clue as to what was in yours is the additional data plates on the inside, as well as the interior configuration.

The last photo is from another shelter, the one on mine is to faded to read.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

randyscycle

All very helpful! Thank you!

I haven't paid close attention to the interior stuff yet. Mostly just a lot of schematics, but I will see if I can discern what may have been inside in the past.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks