• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Steel Soldiers Rally

Iyaayas184

What does one need to do to get a new Steel Soldiers rally at their site? We recently had our annual open house at the Kansas Museum of Military History in Augusta, Kansas and only had five visiting pieces of equipment (four of those were from the National Guard (AIR and ARMY)) . Would like to have more vehicles there next year maybe even some fighting vehicles, We had two 5 tons and 2 HMMWV's from the guard and an M35 from a local MVPA member. It's hard to get the local MVPA chapter to do these things (I know I used to be a member of them) and was hoping we could get some folks from outside of the local area to attend. We have a great little (and growing) museum that has a little something for everyone. We have 2 helicopters one of which is a two time parade event winner. two tanks, some jeeps, a Ford and Chevy 1.5 ton from WWII an M715, an M5 High Speed Tractor, an M35A2 , an M35A2C (being converted to a gun truck) an M817 Dumper, an LVT4 amtrac, a respectable rifle display, an M1010 ambulance and a few other jeeps and trucks and artifacts from before WWI to present. We are aiming for Armed Forces day next year but is subject to change.

Thanks,
Robert

littlebob

Robert,
Build it and they will come(from the movie). It's all about how much you are willng to put in it. tmmintrucks, is hosting a little grass roots thng here in LA, that keeps getting bigger as it it gets closer. Get an action plan in your head and post it. Trying to do it as a money making adventure would probably fail the first time. If you have a great local group that is organized, it could be succesful. Most things done here to be done for the purpose of meeting other members.

poppop

Make a plan, set a date, post it up here and ask for ideas and responses. Keep the commuication lines open and active. Talk it up and keep coming up with ideas to make it interesting and fun. As the time draws near if not enough interest you can cancel. If you get enough guys together for a nice first try then it will grow from there. The Ga. Rally is a success because of clinto's hard work, and the gf to. The first rally was fun but almost killed Clint because he did not know what to expect and had no help. The next one was very succesfull because of the knowledge he gained from the first and from having more help. I expect this years to be even better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks