• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

quad 50 weight

Stalwart

I was thinking the mount was a LOT heavier than 600 lb., I was thinking at least a ton but I see I was low by 50%.

Mike_Pop

I hauled a quad 50 trailer and it was much heavier than it looked, close to 3,000 lbs. However, it was very easy to roll around on the trailer.

Attachments

Uglyranger

In Memorial
In Memorial
I trained at a British quad 50 school at Langham Camp, England (UK) in 1956 (yep, I'm an old fart). The U.S. Air Force used them for Air Base Defense. We got to shoot at ARCATs over the North Sea. I say "shoot at", because our British instructors would hit us on our helmets with a small club if we looked up from the sights. There was so much smoke coming off of the guns I couldn't see anything through the sights.
We found out later that they were running out of targets, and didn't want us to hit any more. They were a small aircraft out over the water, and when hit would parachute down and be recovered by boat.
There was a quad on a trailer in the Atlanta area a couple of years ago, that I think ended up being purchased by someone in the Chicago area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks