• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Recovery Scheduled...

Farmun

Got the EUC approved, and just talked with Teresa at Redstone. I have scheduled 7/8/09 at 10:15 for our recovery attempt. I'll have a couple of buddies with me, and my son, and a load of stuff to get this thing going.

Plan is to start it up, (after checking major fluids, adding fresh diesel and batteries) and drive to the Wally World parking lot for a deeper inspection before we drive North. Only have about 180 miles home so hopefully we won't have too many issues. :-D

Very excited, but also very, very nervous !!!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck to you. If you haven't already read it, read about my adventure here...Speddmon's recovery. What ever you do, make sure your transmission is no more full than one to two knuckles down from the fill plug...DO NOT have the fluid up to the plug threads. It's also a good Idea to post your route and ask for some people who are along the way who could offer help. Thankfully I didn't need them, but if it weren't for drgreg I could have been in real trouble.

Good Luck to you, and let us know how it goes.

Farmun

Good luck to you. If you haven't already read it, read about my adventure here...Speddmon's recovery. What ever you do, make sure your transmission is no more full than one to two knuckles down from the fill plug...DO NOT have the fluid up to the plug threads. It's also a good Idea to post your route and ask for some people who are along the way who could offer help. Thankfully I didn't need them, but if it weren't for drgreg I could have been in real trouble.

Good Luck to you, and let us know how it goes.

I've been following your adventure, and it's good hear that you made it home without too many issues. I will surely check the transmission fluid level for two knuckles down. In a couple of days I'll post up my planned route. I don't want to drive on the superslab, so the highway/backroads will be our preference. Get to see more to the countryside, and a better taste of real america that way.

avengeusa

good luck......

you will be fine, if not come here and scream like a little school girl and someone may just come and rescue you

a wireless laptop would be good to take

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Farmum,

I have made many pickups at Redstone.

"Mother Teresa" and her crew are great folks.

They will help you anyway they can without bending the rules ;-).

If for some reason you can't make your appt. let me know......I can pick it up and hold it here at the farm for a reasonable fee.......it can sit out in the motor pool with it's fellow deuces and tell war stories. I don't charge for storage....just the pickup.
I have a dually and lowboy in case it cant be driven.

PM for details....

Attachments

Farmun

Farmum,

I have made many pickups at Redstone.

"Mother Teresa" and her crew are great folks.

They will help you anyway they can without bending the rules ;-).

If for some reason you can't make your appt. let me know......I can pick it up and hold it here at the farm for a reasonable fee.......it can sit out in the motor pool with it's fellow deuces and tell war stories. I don't charge for storage....just the pickup.
I have a dually and lowboy in case it cant be driven.

PM for details....
Thanks. I hope we can get her home without any problems, but if something comes up that we can't handle from the git-go, I'll surely give you a call. (I'll PM for contact info). Will post up our route once it gets ironed out.

Ty: I'll touch base with you and let you know our plans.

Thanks to all. This is a great site with great folks. I'm sure glad I found you guys. :grin:

Farmun

Enough with the proper planning already! Sandwiches, kool-aid & a flare gun, now that's the road to adventure.:grin:

... bug spray, sunscreen, and large floppy hat. Sounds like a beach trip to me. No, wait, that's the week after the Deuce recovery! :grin: Gonna killl me and my boy to leave the Deuce in the pasture while we play at the Redneck Riveria.....

dentman

congrats on the recovery speddmon, i couldnt wait so i bought one off a private seller. but i gotta tell ya the excitement of your story has me SERIOUSLY considering buyin a few for the recovery thrill.

justin

omega231

grats on the win mate! wreckman is right, cant find a better group of folks to work with on the recovery. yall ever need another lot looked at down here let me know.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
dentman said:
congrats on the recovery speddmon, i couldnt wait so i bought one off a private seller. but i gotta tell ya the excitement of your story has me SERIOUSLY considering buyin a few for the recovery thrill.

justin
Justin,
It was quite a thrill, but I could have avoided the whole mess if I had just drained some of the tranny fluid before I pulled out. I knew better but just got lazy and said "It'll be ok"...IT WASN"T!!!

Farmun

Tomorrow's the big day !! :-D

Got my tools, batteries, filters, fluids, etc. all layed out in the basement ready to load up, and hit the road early in the morning.

Should I call Teresa and verify which gate we should enter the base from? I've read in other posts that Gate 10 is to be used. Is that the one that's on the east side of the base, off Hwy 231 (Redstone Rd)?

Anyone that may be near our route home (will include below), that would be willing to answer questions should they arise, or in the most unfortunate event of a major malfunction, be available for assistance, please PM.

Route Home, (using mostly highways and no interstates): :driver: Leave Redstone, take Hwy 53 (NW) to Ardmore Al. Cross over I-65 and take US31/SR7 north to Pulaski and on to Columbia, TN. Continue SR7 northwest to Hwy 100 near Bon Aqua. Take Hwy 46 northwest to Dickson, then Hwy 70 east to White Bluff. Hwy 47 northwest to Hwy 250 (Claylick Rd). Then on to the metropolis of Ashland City, TN.

I really appreciate this website and all it's knowledgeable, helpful, and generous members. I've learned an awful lot so far, and hope to keep learning through hands-on experience as we start our MV hobby.

Thanks in advance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks