• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sarah Dutton and Robert @ Ft Meade

Nonotagain

As I posted to the thread on what did you win on June 25, 2009, I was high bidder on two lots at Ft. Meade.

The lots were a single M105a3 trailer, and the second lot consisted of an M105a3 trailer and a M101a1 trailer.

My EUC cleared within three days of submission, only problem was that the 4th of July holiday was to be observed, so I waited for this Monday to call for a load out date and time.

I spoke with Sarah, the GL site rep, gave her the sale and lot numbers that I purchased and that I wanted to get the lot with two trailers first, as I was dropping them off at my folks house 250 miles away in Virginia.

Sarah informed me that both lots were the identical, meaning that there was no M101a1 trailer. I gave Sarah the URL for the sale, she verified that the sale page did list two trailers, and she submitted an IT/IS trouble ticket. A couple of hours later GL contacted me with a claim form, so it appears that I may be getting some type of credit for the lack of the second trailer. Time will tell.

On Wednesday morning, I made the recovery of the first M105a3 trailer. The trailer appeared new in every aspect. The CARC paint was spotless, all five of the bows were there, and the tarp was perfect. The tires still had the manufacturer's stencils in the tread.

Sarah gave me assistance in lifting up the trailer to get it on the pintle hitch. We made small talk while I torqued the lug nuts and performed a quick inspection of the tire pressure and wheel bearing slop. I hooked up some magnetic trailer lights for the trip to Virginia.

The only issue I encountered was that the M105a3 uses surge brakes and has a break-away cable attached to the safety chains. The position of the break-away cable was too short to allow the safety chains to be positioned in a crossed pattern. A little PB Blaster on the clevis and the cable was repositioned for the trip.

The trailer towed like crap for the first 50 or so miles as the tires were out of round from sitting. Once the tires reached operating temperature they smoothed out. The rest of the trip was uneventful.

This AM I was back at Ft. Meade picking up the second M105a3 trailer. Today I had Robert doing the loading. Very professional, and knew exactly what he was doing using the side shift on the fork truck. Everything was hooked up in less than 10 minutes including moving the break-away cable.

The entire GL crew at Ft. Meade was very friendly. I wish that getting on base was a little easier as I would love to come back for a few previews of future auctions, time permitting. GL keeps them hopping all day. If there not doing load outs they run a shredder to break into little pieces all kinds of metal office furniture for scrap metal sales.

Again, thanks to Sarah and Robert for their professional service and friendly nature.

Pics shortly.

powerhouseduece

Yes they are! I have nothing but good thing to say about sara and robert! A while ago I picked up 2 m103's with the deuce and they had no problem putting one in the back of the truck and robert dident miss a beat!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks