• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem with my GL account

Buckmaw

I created my account about 4 years ago but have never purchased anything until now.

Before the auction started, I updated my address and contact information but I did not see that under business name was a old DBA name.

I filled out my EUC with my information as a individual, for personal use.
The Credit Card used was one in my name.
The amount has been charged to my bank account.

I received my "non valid" invoice online tonight and it has as SOLD TO the old
DBA name, not my name. There are no tax numbers or any licenses, permits or insurance under the name of the old DBA.

I want the "sold to" to be my name.
I do not want the SF-97 or Title to be in the DBA.

I went to my profile to see if I could change it but I can not.

I just sent a email to GL in hope that Monday, this can be corrected.

My question is basically am I screwed?

Can I create another user account and have that invoice reissued?

or

Can GL simply change it on their end?

Edit: Noob Question

Is there really a GL employee that visits this forum?
If so, could you PM me.

Last edited:

wb1895

For all of the questions that I had, I logged onto my account and used the live chat option. I got to talk to a live person and get all of my questions answered. They were very nice and extremly helpful. If they did not know the answer they found it and sent me a Email resonse within a few hours. I would try that.

jimm1009

changing names

Once a name is placed into the account you can not change it yourself but I changed my name from my normal use name to my proper name (Jim changed to James) with middle initial initial and the customer service department did this in about two days. I would recommend doing the live chat with them since this is the fastest way to stop things and get it straight.
I changed my name due to the fact that the drivers license has the real, legal name and the state OMV realy complains about titling processing when names don't match. I've never met anyone that did not understand the Jim is short for James but the OMV here in Louisiana can be a P.I.T.A. sometimes!
Worse case is that you may have to title this the old way and then fix it but I would think that they can help you.
Live chat is the same as normal business hours on Mond thru Fri and have your customer number, sale number, and lot number handy when you first log in to the chat line along with your account name.
Good luck and let us know how things turn out.
jimm1009

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with WM...if you have GL-related problems, contact them first. If they don't give you any satisfaction, you've come to the right place to complain about their business practices.

area52

I created my account about 4 years ago but have never purchased anything until now.

Before the auction started, I updated my address and contact information but I did not see that under business name was a old DBA name.

I filled out my EUC with my information as a individual, for personal use.
The Credit Card used was one in my name.
The amount has been charged to my bank account.

I received my "non valid" invoice online tonight and it has as SOLD TO the old
DBA name, not my name. There are no tax numbers or any licenses, permits or insurance under the name of the old DBA.

I want the "sold to" to be my name.
I do not want the SF-97 or Title to be in the DBA.

I went to my profile to see if I could change it but I can not.

I just sent a email to GL in hope that Monday, this can be corrected.

My question is basically am I screwed?

Can I create another user account and have that invoice reissued?

or

Can GL simply change it on their end?

Edit: Noob Question

Is there really a GL employee that visits this forum?
If so, could you PM me
There was a GL employee on here a while back but she left after we all complained so much about poor customer service! :razz:

And what ever you do, DO NOT START ANOTHER ACCOUNT!! YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM GL!

Buckmaw

It took them 1 business day and they have corrected my account.

The invoice is still in the old DBA name but that is not a big deal. I will just have to pay the sales tax when I register it versus when I was charged for it.

Hat's off to GL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks