• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Toolboxes

frodobaggins

My dad is a carpenter/handyman.

He wants me to take a deuce bed, mount tool boxes in the back, put some axles under it and make a nice trailer to haul all his crap around.

Basically just like the one we seen here earlier this week, but with 3 feet of toolboxes and 9 feet of bed for small items, work area, etc.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You need to find a dropside bed(or fabricate one). Then you could have the tool boxes facing out, put the load in the bed and not worry about blocking access to the drawers. All you do is drop the sides and the is your tool box drawers! You could even get bows and a cargo cover to keep it dry. I like the idear!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
My dad is a carpenter/handyman.

He wants me to take a deuce bed, mount tool boxes in the back, put some axles under it and make a nice trailer to haul all his crap around.

Basically just like the one we seen here earlier this week, but with 3 feet of toolboxes and 9 feet of bed for small items, work area, etc.

I'm thinking about doing something similar except using a M1061 trailer.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Found these in one of them yesterday :)

Wow Frodo, 2 years to check out toolboxes. Don't work up a sweat, don't want you havin heat stroke on us. LOL.

Your idea using the bolster is a lot better than a 1061 due to weight. My 1061 is heavy enough as it is, adding tools would put me in the need for a 916 or something like that.

I've seen the deuce bed on a bolster and don't really like the look. I may lean more toward using stuff mounted to modified metal pallets so that I can drop them like a PLS and work off the ground. Don't ask how I'm doing this yet, I ain't got that far in my plan yet.

frodobaggins

Wow Frodo, 2 years to check out toolboxes. Don't work up a sweat, don't want you havin heat stroke on us. LOL.

Your idea using the bolster is a lot better than a 1061 due to weight. My 1061 is heavy enough as it is, adding tools would put me in the need for a 916 or something like that.

I've seen the deuce bed on a bolster and don't really like the look. I may lean more toward using stuff mounted to modified metal pallets so that I can drop them like a PLS and work off the ground. Don't ask how I'm doing this yet, I ain't got that far in my plan yet.
Haha, yeah. They've been setting in a stack at the house for a while. My dad backed out on the project but still wanted the boxes, so I stored them at my house until he could finish his shop. It's ready now, so I had to dig through them to see which ones I wanted to purchase from him.

I'm going to use this bed and this box on my bolster trailer now to make a camper out of.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks