• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Diesel M1030

wehring

thanks

thanks for the reply. I have been watching his thread and they look great but I am looking for a diesel version.

Justin

SamM

HDT in California is the manufacturer of the engine for these motorcycles. They originally sold the gas-powered KLRs to the Military after converting them for military use. Some of the original KLRs were sent back to HDT for the diesel conversion and rebuild. I've been waiting for HDT to release a civilian version for years. They keep promising but nothing... so far! The military version is the holy grail of motorcycles. Probably not something we are likely to see for quite awhile. I'm stacking up all my money, so you'll have competition if they do hit the market.

I've wanted a diesel motorcycle so badly that I have decided to build my own. The new engine is a cloned Yanmar air-cooled 456cc single. The bike will use a CVT transmission much like the old Rokon 340.

Good luck on your search!

SamM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks