• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 rims are 16" right??

wyliek

oo they are good, i need new tires badly (one went sunday, last night i heard another one hissing due to cracked sidewalls) most of the tires i saw on ebay were either 15 or 17.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The CUCVs have 16" rims and come with LT235/85R16 tires. The M880 had the now almost extinct 16.5s

Desert Rat

Mike,
They called an M880 "@#$%^&*&^%%$## JUNK!!" when I was in the USAF. Of course they used really colorful language to describe it. I actually had fun with them. However, I never did work on them. :D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Call it what you will, its the best kept secret in MVs. Its cheap, parts are available everywhere and it can do exactly what it was designed for all day long for a long time. Mike, it wasn't called a CUCV but thats exactly what it is. Wasn't trying to take a pot shot at ya when I posted the wheel sizing, sorry bro!

ida34

The m880's along with all the other mid to late 70's dodge 1/2 and 3/4 ton have week front axles. The Front bearings constantly go and they take the spindles with them. All the M880's have the week axle. I have direct experience with fixing the bearings several times on a few dodges I have owned. The trucks are not bad but the full time 4x4 system and front drive components suck. The Chevys are much stronger. Dodge lovers do not flame me. I thing that dodge built the best factory snow trucks in the snow commander series. These were purpose build for plowing while present trucks used for plowing usually only have a trailer tow type package. The trans cooler on my dodge is the size of an A/C condensor. The later ones had a warning light to tell you when the trans temp was to high. The factory engine driven hydraulic plow system is bullit proof. It does not require the constant attention that newer electrical plows do.

I guess I need to comment on the actual topic of the thread. m1009 rims 15 inch six bolt rims. M1008 16 inch 8 bolt rims. I think the dodge m880s had 16.5 like my 75 3/4 ton dodge.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15x8 steelies, nice strong wheel too. Looks similar to the civi wheel without the beauty ring and center cap, but they are different. Mine came on a set of white wagon wheels in 1995, bleck... Had to call Boyce and buy a set.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks