• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tatra 805 new owner

duncan

"Cute" is the word that comes to mind instantly. The wife must love it :-D Shape reminds me a bit of the Gaz66.

Don't know anything about these tatras, so do share as much info as possible!

czechsix

Don't know of any available English manual, even though these did make it to the UK, but I do have a Czech workshop manual copy if you need it. They're lots of fun. Always lifting a wheel.

Stalwart

Cute, but I like the one in your avitar better. As the owner of lots of 6x and 8x vehicles, I think more tires are cooler.

tatra813

Cute, but I like the one in your avitar better. As the owner of lots of 6x and 8x vehicles, I think more tires are cooler.

I agree the bigger the better for sure, but Ive got lots of huge trucks 6 wheels plus so I wanted to break it up a bit. From what I hear the 805 can hang no problem with unimogs . Ive also got a 406 mog so Ill do some comparing. The drivetrain on the tatras are really unique with independant suspention I cant wait to see how the smaller version does on rough terrain. The expedition box has a wood stove in back so Ill have to put it to work on the fishing trips

tatra813

I finally got the truck today, wow it is awsome it is probably the smoothest riding truck out of all the vehicles I have including my toyota suv. Ill give you a update when I do some offroad trials. Very unique looking truck no rust at all also.

tamangel

a couple of vids: nice throaty V8

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1egcbDlXVlc[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9g9WLSsg1Y&feature=related[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjXqe7WbE-k&feature=related[/media]

Mike W

EZFEED

There are quite a few 805's of different configs here in the states. Cant remember where but some company or organization brought in a bunch for some sort of forestry work or service. Parts to be had....somewhere. Jacques Littlefield could have told you but he's past now. :(

duncan

Lovely dude! You're making me yealous, I like that thing a lot. It totally counters all the straight lines in the 813 design with its cute-ness.

tatra813

Anyone know any czech?

The one shifter lever says

v
. (predni)

. (Nahon)

a 2 postion lever. I think it is for locking the axles but now sure yet what it means any help?

tamangel

On this site

iGoogle

attempting translation of the following from czech to english:

'v predni' comes out as 'in front ' when I tried 'transfer case', it came out as 'případě předání' close to spelling..

found the following by adding an 'i' to 'nahon' , 'v nahoni' comes out to 'the drive' (maybe 'in drive' due to language differences or ???)

I don't speak east bloc, sorry..just looking around on the net..good luck..

Mike

Last edited:

duncan

Was going to say the same, predni is front, nahon I dont know but seeing as its a 2-position switch it might be "none" ?

tatra813

I am looking for a parts supplier for tatra 805 rubber axle boots. for the half axles. The tatra dealer says they dont have any and to contact a 805 collector club to try and find them....
any ideas on leads for this.

Thanks