• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce manifold heater

GoHot229

With a non functioning in-tank fuel pump, will the manifold heater still function as designed ? What I'm getting at is, without a presurized line from the in-tank fuel pump in operation will the manifold heater be fed fuel past the first try ? My thinking is that the first try will consume any fuel pumped up and charged the line that far, and the second try will be fuelless having released the fuel pumped to the manifold ? I know it's a fiew months away before I'll be needing it, but time goes by fairly quick, and it's a week before Christmas .... you still haven't got your shopping done, the snows'a flying..........Great. Then one of these mornings either of your two best friends, the manifold heater or a nice incline for a bump start, just seem to be out of reach. It's taken me since December of last year to ready-up the Deuce and address all the issues of repairs, lubrication, electrical, leaks and all, and fortunatly they were very fiew, infact I believe I have one of only a handfull of non-leaking Deuces around. So......other than finishing my bodywork and paint, I should be roadworthy completly, just needing the in-tank pump to finish.

Gastrap

On certain codes of pumps, (B,C, D & E I think) The heater pump is supplied by the electric pump from the suction side of the gear pump & never gets gear pump pressure.

There is a check valve in the gear pump that allows electric pump pressure to bypass the GP internally to fill the system, but then seals off the suction side when the GP develops pressure. Other codes may be different, but the heater injector opening pressure is very close to GP pressure, so I doubt it.

The heater pump should be able to pull enough fuel to function with a faulty in-tank pump, might just take a little longer to get a prime.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks