• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A word on Saturn Surplus

Kaiserjeeps

My 69 M35A2 clutch started slipping awhile back. I finally removed the transmission and pulled said clutch. Sure enough lots of wear and oil. I have ordered M715 and m35 parts from Saturn before and after finding the best prices there again I placed an order for the parts from there internet page. There are two styles of pressure plates. One has three fingers and one has four. I have the four finger setup. My parts arrived and opening the boxes I discovered a three finger pressure plate. Thinking they had made an error I called to see about an exchange. Jay at Saturn said no problem he would send out a call tag for pick up. I then discovered from my notes I found that I had indeed ordered the wrong pressure plate. It was my error and not their's. With out batting an eye Saturn Surplus covered the shipping costs which were not cheap. Last night I came home to the correct pressure plate. That is great business. I will always shop there first. I encourage all of you to check with them first. They have lots of parts for our M715's and M35A2's along with many other surplus items. There prices are almost always lower that anybody else. I will include a link to their site. A big thank you to Saturn Surplus!! Have a great weekend.
http://www.saturnsurplus.com/

Attachments

solar powered

Yup, I really like Saturn Surplus. I bought over $400 worth of misc. deuce parts about a month ago and I will always try them first on parts. They did not have everything I needed at the time, but what they had was reasonably priced. Plus, they respond to email.

When I sent out emails to five other deuce part suppliers for the stuff Saturn did not have. Only Memphis Equipment responded, and they were helpful too.

WeBeJeepin

I hate to think of how much I have spent in the last couple years with Saturn Surplus. They are great and I have never had any problems with their products or service. I don't even call around to check prices any more. Good Job Saturn.

tm america

yep first place i go to.. They are so good to deal with i even get the parts from them in the rare ocasion they are a few dollars than the next guy..

1stSarge

I love to see people post up good comments about business we deal with. It is so easy for us to complain about the bad, but never say anything about the good. And Saturn knows that a lot of their business comes from this site, and all it takes is one idiot to post up something incorrect, and then they are on the defensive, trying to correct whatever went wrong, AND attempting to repair reputation damage that might have been done.

Of course as we are all an opinioned bunch, if we like something we will say something even if the last guy didn’t. That helps.

Thanks KJ

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saturn is A+ in my book.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wow I guess Saturn is consistant, this post started Aug. of 2004.
So is the original poster-still active here on SS after almost 7 years!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like he is,
Kaiserjeeps
Last Activity: 03-27-2011 02:44

Tlauden

Glad to hear all this good feedback on Saturn. I'm heading up to them on friday in the deuce to get some parts for the deuce:) oil/fuel/air filter(s) and maybe v belts. They seem reasonably priced. I just hope there as nice to me in person as they are to you folks on the phone/online :)