• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Transporting Vehicle Procedure/Under Hood Tag?

I'm looking to get my first M1008 and notice on the GL site that some vehicles have a tan colored tag hanging off the radiator filler cap. Is this a maintenance reminder or are these used to indicated problems with the vehicle?
Are auto transport services allowed to pick up vehicles on military sites/bases? If so what does this entail? Do I have to mail my plates, insurance and registration to the site the vehicle is at or does the transportation company have to bring them along and install?

Divemaster920

Banned
Those tags tell when and what temp the coolant was tested and rated at.
Tranport companies can pick them up. Just sign the waiver.
You can not get plates until after you pick up the truck and then it will be 30+ days later.

Thank you for the response. I just wanted to make sure since there currently are no vehicles a close distance to me. Now I can shop for one out of state.:-D

monkeythumbs

I'm not sure about the tags on the radiators, but I'd assume its just for maintance issues. I've picked up for other people and had other people pick up stuff for me, all you need to do is fax a "authorization for pick-up" to both parties. That form is on GL site for you to print out. If you have someone else pick-up for you, you might want check and see if they can retrieve a non-running vechile with out a loadind dock when you are getting your quote. Not all GL sites have a dock to use and the truck may have ran when parked situation also. Some site will bend over backwards to help you and some won't lift a finger. I've been to sites were they won't/can't slave off a truck and some do it automattically. Do a search and see would other members from this site a saying about the personel at the site your potential new vechicle is at. Hope this helps.

Isaac-1

I have never bought a truck from GL, but have bought engine powered items (generators, air compressors, etc.) some had hang tags confirming that the fluids had been drained and battery removed for environmental regulations. I have also found they care very little about how these fluids are drained (cut lower radiator hoses, etc)

Ike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks