• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Howard Hammonds

eddiec

Howards

Thought that I should let everyone know. I heard a rumor from a friend that Buddy has a crusher in use at Howards MV parts yard, that is in use, crushing already. I have not been able to verify this yet, but I will find out and post an update. Although, if it is true, it would be nice to get a couple of us together to go down one weekend , real soon, and grab as much as we can all handle, since it would be going at scrap price.
If anyone finds out that this is true, or that it is not, please let me know. If it is, any help in the "recovery" process for mv's and parts would be greatly appreciated.

Hookin1

I called and talked to Buddy today,He was in a car wreck,He's okay but he messed up his back and legs.If anyone was planning on going down there you might want to wait about a month.He has some therapy to go through,right now he can only walk with a walker.Buddy said he would be up and moving around in a month.If you plan on going he said,In the next few months it would be best to call first and make sure how he is feeling.

Now the scoop,They have been cleaning up,but not crushing everything.They will still have parts,But since Howard has had his problems they wont be buying stuff as much.So the yard will still be there.

What happened to Buddy,He went to the shop one morning,was'nt feeling to good sat in his truck for a little bit then decided to go back up to the house,apparently he passed out,when he did he floored the gas pedal,(for those who have been to howards you will know what i am describing)he was heading up the lane from the shop,the truck ran up the lane flew across the county road,landed on the other side where the other truck parts are and flipped over.Buddy was trapped in the truck for about 4 or 5 hours b-4 anyone found him.He bruised his back and had to have some back surgery.He is walking with help of a walker and is going to make a full recovery.He sounded pretty good on the phone,and said that it would be buisness as usual in about a month.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howards

eddiec said:
. . . Although, if it is true, it would be nice to get a couple of us together to go down one weekend , . . . . .
I would like to join you if this happens. I am up near cincinnati. . . . looks like about a three and a half hour journey from here.

(I was trying to meet up (for a trip to Howard's) with Desert Rat when he still resided "up this here way", . . . but I could never get my schedule to coincide. :( )

Desert Rat

JWC and Others,

I am planning a trip that way in about four weeks from now. H1 or Eddie, if y'all could arrange with Buddy for my arrival there I'd be grateful. I can't seem to scare him up on the phone. Anyone else interested in parts get in contact with me. I'll be towing my dumper AND have an empty new-to-me 109 box ready to fill. So I'll have plenty of space for parts! I'm planning my trip to begin on 10MAR06. I plan on arriving at Buddy's on 13 or 14MAR06 to go "shopping". See y'all there!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks