• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Desert Rats Dump truck

Hookin1

Had to work this morning :cry: So i'm getting a late start,hope to leave by 1300(for mike :mrgreen: )1:00pm for everone else [thumbzup]

I'll get picks and if i have problems i imagine edddie will take plenty of pics,if he has to come get me.Oh by the way 14 degrees and snow.............lovely!

Hookin1

Okay i have posponed the trip till morning,had a little problem with my tow lights,fixed now.But with a low tonight of 8 degrees,i think i'll wait till tommorow.gonna be 32degrees(heat wave)tommorow.Not that i don't think the duece will make it(we all know how well the cabs are sealed to keep out the cold :roll: )also it would have been dark when i got there and i would rather work on it in the daylght.

Hookin1

Okay DR's truck is still there,the brackets i had made don't fit,tried drilling the frame rails to mount the tow shackles no luck.My alternator took a dump,and now the clutch is slipping.

Dr's dump truck=2
Hookins duece=0

Try to figure something out don't know what yet.

Hookin1

It's okay DR,Will give it another shot as soon as i get the truck up and going again.I'm hoping the clutch got covered with oil.Think the rear main is leaking a lot more.The truck started up fine today after driving all the way back showing no charge,with the headlights on all the way back so maybae not as bad as i thought.Pretty sure i'm going to have to put a clutch in though.I'll post the pics as soon as i resize them.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lance, how do you plan on moving that thing? Did it have a front bumper? If it did, might be able to put axle clamps around it and towbar it.

Desert Rat

RDD,

Gee, thanks for the morale booster!!!!!!!!!! rofl :cookoo: !!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I'm headed up there (to Howard's) this evening!!!! Is it 1530 yet?!?!?!?!?

I have camera, will take pics, lots and lots of pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hookin1

Jim,

The paint i get from work.I work for a cat dealer and we stock military paint. Since we rebuild the military's cat equipment.It comes in cat spray cans or 5 gallon buckets.The green is labled as mil-green 383,the brown or tan? is labled as mojave brown. the wheels are a semi-gloss flat black.

And yes i used spray cans when i repainted the truck [thumbzup] (green thumb then brown thumb then black thumb) aua

Hookin1

Oh by the way right at this time which is 3:30 pm (or 1530 for mike)
Eddie is loading DR's truck on the wrecker and fixing to head back to Evansville with it.Thank God..................it's finally gonna get here.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a voice mail from DR at 4:46pm MST. I posted his travel update under conversations. If a mod would like to move it over here, that's fine with me.

Just was NOT sure where to post it.

Hookin1,
Do you sell the paint? Or know where I could get it. I am NOT adverse to spray cans or green/brown/black thumbs!

Hookin1

I can get the paint from work and ship it to you.Have to check on the tan 22.....Met DR at Howards sunday and passed off ownership of his dumptruck,Pics will be posted soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks