• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailering a Goat Question

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am curious, does a Goat fit on a standard car trailer (width wise) assuming it's heavy enough for the 7K+ weight?

diesel583

No , I hauled 2 for our fire dept. used a 8 x 24 goose neck and used most all of it. Don't remember the width but it was close to 8 feet.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went out and measured mine, as it sits in the driveway.

The front wheels measured 7'(exactly) wide at approximately 6" up from the ground(widest bulge of the tire profile). The body is slightly wider yet.

The center axle measured 1" less than the front. The center axle wheels tilt out at the top(like an older Volkswagen bug).

The lowest point between the wheels is about 15"(under the fuel tanks). Consider that if you have fenders on your trailer.

I couldn't measure the rear wheel width, as I have a rear tire off right now.

The total vehicle length is about 19' long(without winch). The total wheelbase is less.

I hauled mine on a 10 ton equipment trailer that is 8' wide. I had 6"(obviously) on either side.

Sevo

Does Anyone know where I can rent a 8x24 gooseneck or a bigger than that. I am wanting to go get the goats myself but need a bigger trailer.

How many foot trailer would you need to put 2 of them on it? Do they make a gooseneck long enough.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We did get it on a standard equipment trailer. It was very tight between the wheelwells but it did go on the trailer and pull well. If it would have been 1/2" narrower it would not have fit.[thumbzup]

Sevo

We did get it on a standard equipment trailer. It was very tight between the wheelwells but it did go on the trailer and pull well. If it would have been 1/2" narrower it would not have fit.[thumbzup]
How long was the trailer you used and how wide was it?

Thank you for your time

Chris

Sevo

Thank you for the replies guys. It really helps me get an idea of what I need to do.

I have found 25 foot for rent with 5 foot dove tail for around 55 a day. I would have to make 2 trips. With gas so high now it may nor be worth it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks