• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL ang GSA auctions

eddiec

I believe that it would be a good idea to have a place for members to be able to post remarks as to what they are bidding on. mainly so everyone else on the forum knows who they are about to bid against, as well as giving anyone who may be close to the vehicle, aq chance to check it out for that person, and let them know of the ACTUAL condition.

FrankUSMC

Yes, it is a great idea! Here at MCAS Cherry Point about a year ago GL had a rusted out 5 ton that was used on the beach (read salt water) to put boats in the water. It was in peices because the unit was at the time trying to replace all the rusted away parts with parts off other 5 tons. Even the fuel tank was rusted away. It came in to DRMO on a low boy and it took 3 forklefts to get it and it's remains off the trailer.The GL write up, with photos of the better areas of the truck was "truck was driven in under it's own power".
One of the few, Frank

da_sgt

There is already a forum for GL, DRMO, and GSA inspection/loadout.
I have mixed feelings on announcing to the World whats for sale at auction, it's not just the memebers that view the posts, it's the whole net!
I have the same thought's with things on ebay, those who are looking usally know when things are up for auction, and I for one prefer to keep things quite :wink: Just my 2cents

Desert Rat

Mang,

That's just the ticket right there!!!! We need a secure area to talk about these things without the whole world knowing. I nominate Mangus580 to head up the team to create that forum!!!!!!

carguy455

I agree, I ended up bidding against Kenny on a towbar before I fiured out it was Kenny, kinda made me feel like a "sniper". Do not like to bid against my "bro's'. Of course that was Ebay, which is kinda a free for all anyway...but its a good idea...

ida34

I want to tell you all right now. I bid on anything that has m35a2, M35, military truck, m109, m44, in the title or description. I also bid on anything on GL or GSA meeting the above criteria. It just happens that all you other guys usually beat me out.

vtdeucedriver

I think some guy or guys are going to be suprised. The Vt auction on GL just finnished. I will admit, I did some bidding on one because it is in my back yard......but they went for crazy prices!!!! I got a feeling that this will turn up soon..........2 of them were really rotted, had patches opon patches......and one of them did not run, the other that did run had no brakes.........its funny that the pics from GL showed none of the rot that the cabs had..........somone may be suprised!!!

jatonka

GL, GSA bidding

Hello all, My feeling is that DRMO used to post all bidder's names,addresses, and bidder #'s for each item bid on. It was public information. Now, this stuff GL is selling is also public property, paid for by us. I don't think it is wrong to let all the members of this list know who we are bidding against. Could each member list his GL bidder # as public info on this forum as a matter of conversation and then we could do what we want with the info. I am willing to post my # to start it off. JT

eddiec

it's not that i want to see what everyone is bidding on. i just don't want to jack the price up on one of you guys. if i know that one of you is already bidding, i won't touch it. that was my only reason for the suggestion. just don't want to tick anyone off by outbidding them.

area52

bids

eddiec said:
it's not that i want to see what everyone is bidding on. i just don't want to jack the price up on one of you guys. if i know that one of you is already bidding, i won't touch it. that was my only reason for the suggestion. just don't want to tick anyone off by outbidding them.

Ditto on that, I just got done bidding on some trucks off of GL. There was one close to me up at Fort Carson CO. I quit bidding because I figured someone on here was bidding on it.

I am all for a private forum for bidding on these auctions

Wade
new deuce owner

Desert Rat

Mang.,

We really need to have a members-only area to share the info and counter what GL is attempting to do! I don't know how to do it, but I'm sure you do!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks