• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michigan to Florida and back 2006

rizzo

Walt left Saturday to take some brass to florida then bring back my 5 ton wreck I bought from GL. It is in Starke FL. Then over to Eglin for another pickup. The wrecker was in a scrap sale so I hope it's not totally screwed up.
Walt will be back with it by Friday. :D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Starke/ Camp Blanding stuff is usually well picked over. My engine that I'm installing just came from the last sale there. Good thing is the stuff is not terribly expensive. I've been through the bone yard there many times and recall thinking how picked over that stuff is.

rizzo

Recovry4x4 said:
The Starke/ Camp Blanding stuff is usually well picked over. My engine that I'm installing just came from the last sale there. Good thing is the stuff is not terribly expensive. I've been through the bone yard there many times and recall thinking how picked over that stuff is.
It's not the exact wrecker I want. somehow I ended up bidding on it and won. I should have let it be, and kept looking. But I get crazy over these things sometimes. At least it was cheap.

rizzo

the engine looks great, so does the wrecker body. the doors are gone and roof and windshield frame need to be replaced ( I have all those parts). It is a M543A2 has what looks like a 465 in it. it looks like every thing works except it is missing a long skinny electrical part that mounts on the fire wall and the whole top of the trans is out. so I need a new trans. I have 2 deuce trans that bolt up to 465's. Can anyone tell me about the trans? What I need to do? It is also missing the hydraulic motor that operates the winch on the crane boom. Also missing the trans pto and front shaft for the winch. I think that is it!

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

thanks in advance :)

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kevin, it looks pretty decent. The 5 tonner trans are Spicer 6453 and 6352 IIRC. Glad that the one you have is mostly there. Sounds like you won't need much to get it going. John Winslow in NC has probably got the hydro motors as he has several wreckers for parts. Don't know how much he would charge. The little cover over the operators bucket is cool. I've seen them in the manuals but never in person. Might be able to put my hands on the front PTO and shaft, let me check with the guy Monday. When you get a chance, can you get me a few pics of that cover?
KE

Armada

Looks great Kevin! I'll have to stop out in the next couple weeks and check it out! Let me know if ya need any help working on it.

rizzo

Armada said:
Looks great Kevin! I'll have to stop out in the next couple weeks and check it out! Let me know if ya need any help working on it.
thanks The engine looks great. I think it might start right up. beyond that I am gonna wait for some parts before I do much to it. If you end up coming over you could grab those parts and check out my M810.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks