• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tonys new truck

ctmustang

May seem like a silly question but here goes. Is there any chance of making a goat road legal in any state. Thought it would look pretty cool rolling through town.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is road legal. I have driven it over 700 miles this year. Mostly short trips. There are a few Goat places for parts.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
what kind of speed can you reasonably get out of a goat on the road? How's the ride quality?

Speeds of 45-50 are easy to hold(except steep grades). I think I get about 10 mpg. The ride is great, the seat gets uncomfortable after an hour or two(I get uncomfortable in a new car, after an hour or so also though).

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Tony, I hope you don't mind but I had to climb in your Goat a couple hours ago :-D, I just made my second trip to get the rest of my stuff. Yours was the first one I have ever seen in person, got to admit they are pretty cool! Nice buy.

jfnemt1ff1

May seem like a silly question but here goes. Is there any chance of making a goat road legal in any state. Thought it would look pretty cool rolling through town.
Yes I have no problem as long as you are ready to get some funny looks. The Goat is A (1 1/4 ton pickup) If you think about it it sits 2 up ft and has a bed in the back, the main diffrent is its mid engine:wink:. I drive mine all over and I think two years ago (time goes by fast) After I restored mine my wife and I were part of the group the drove out to the show in Aberdeen and I got to be the !st truck in the group. I had no problem running 55mph slowed down in the hills but still could out run most in the group.
John
P.S let me know if you need any parts.
Nice to see another Goat owner.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i like that tony.. the truck and they saying ... still hauling the hay.. i will remember that one.. hope you get it running smooth and enjoy that nice rig Tim:-D

camogoat

I like the Adjustable steering shaft,haven't seen that before,also looks like a Q-detach wheel.Looks about the same condition as mine when first purchased.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks