• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is there a GL FAQ somewhere?

JCKnife

I am going to a preview tomorrow to consider my first Deuce and I just read in another thread that someone bought a truck that has a missing data plate and now it has to be a parts truck. Now I'm frightened. What else don't I know? Need a FAQ.

ida34

It does not have to be a parts truck. The vin numbers are stamped in to the frame. The person could stamp up a new data plate or just get a state issued vin on the truck. You can look at the GL website FAQ but if you are at all squeamish about dealing with GL and title issues I would get a truck from a know source instead of GL. An inspection is great but sometimes the numbers are messed up in the auction and you get stuck with the wrong truck or damage occurs after you preview. If you have direct questions then ask away.

Carl_in_NH

Like any other form of gambling, the simple rule is not to risk more money than you can stand to loose if it all goes wrong. You could spend a lot of time previewing and still end up with a hidden failure that would cause you grief as soon as you got the truck.

The flip side of this is it might go well - and you'll end up with a nice truck for a good price.

I've got one truck from GL, and another on the way from a private sale. The GL truck is nice - but had a couple safety related issues I'm addressing in order to get an inspection sticker. The one from private sale has been gone through completly, and is as ready to go as a 38 year old truck can be. The difference is price - you'll spend twice as much or more for something that has had a significant amount of risk removed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks