• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I got my first M35

attackone

Well I finally got one. I got her from FT Drum. I would also like to thank Doghead for helping me to get her road worthy, and also bringing tools (I forgot my box DUH) Shure enough what was the first thing I see on the door NO BRAKES the only thing they left off the sale description. It turned out there was air in the lines, bleed the whole system and I had brakes. True to the GL description runs with jump it did, thank god I brought new batteries with me orignal ones were bad. The ride home went off with no problems except it was long (319 miles for me 7 hours). My plans are to restore it over the winter with my sons and maybe by the summer enjoy a lot of off roading. Along the the way back home I stoped for lunch in courtland NY and saw a M 60 parked on the side. Turnes out there is a small museum there with differnt vehicles and a bunch of MV. To all new members spend a lot of time on this site I was a really big help. Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats.....Great looking truck.

You know that the first one will NOT be that last one.....LOL.

This OD Fever is very contagous. Just don't try to resist it. Just let it happen......:wink:

deuce259

You lucky dog. I am waiting on my EUC still. Heading home to KY next month for some R and R. If I dont have it by then I am buying one off of someone. You guys who already own them are making me green with envy.
How was your fuel consumption?

attackone

You are right about it won't be the only one I own. It was the best road trip I had in a while. The only thing I can't figure out is my wife doesn't like it and wants me to sell it already ( like that will ever happen). I had it only for a week. The fuel consumption was not as bad as I thought it would be. I stopped a couple of times to top off the tank because the gas guage is not working. I made the trip home on one tank. (319 miles). Just waiting for sf97 I might go anyway to roush creek with out plates

Last edited:

rlwm211

Let your wife drive it....
I am sure when she realizes she can do that and how much fun it is,
she will catch OD FEVER
!

GoHot229

Looks better than most from the pic. Now go to 'Deuce' and look up what there is to say about them, a wealth of info. here, TM's and such, also resources at the top tool-bar for even more info. Well Attackone welcome, and have fun..................like that a'int goina happen...lol

ps, on the wife thing......keep asking Her to go with alot, show some attention, if She's the star, it'll settle down to 'naaa honey, I'll just stay here. Then your scott free.

Last edited:

attackone

The wife thing is strange because my wife love cars and motor stuff, the whole famliy has atv's. She drove some trucks for my business I asked her to try it and go for a ride but she still say's no her loss the boys on the other hand I can't get them off of it:-D

nhdiesel

Congrats! I've read that some of the Ft. Drum trucks weren't in good shape, but that one sure looks nice. Glad you got a good one! My wife wants me to sell both of mine when I get them home. Original plan was to buy 2, sell one to pay for my keeper, then buy another to resell. But its taking so long for my EUCs that I think both will have to be sold to recoup the $$$$, and hopefully I can keep one out of the next pair. Her only problem with them comes from our very tight budget right now.

I got my wife hooked by driving one of my father's Deuces in a parade with her riding shotgun. She also got a turn at the wheel, and had fun. I can't wait to let her drive more once I get these home...she might be more welcoming once she can drive it more, and see how it can be handy around the house...like hauling home the dirt we need for some yard work...if my EUC clears before snow flies (any time now).

Good luck with the new toy!

Jim

G-Force

Hey attackone,
Really nice truck. I see you live in Franklin Lakes. I'm in Allendale. If you need any help PM me. i'd love to see your truck.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks