• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sealing windows and doors

ARYankee

I know I can buy the kits for weather stripping around my windows and doors. I was wondering about any alternatives out there. My door seals are good. I do have a couple of small gaps between the door window and cab. I also have a couple on my cab windows as well. I figure new rubber kits may not get all the gaps and the rubber I have in place seems to be in good shape. I was just wondering what any one has done to fill these gaps.

IMA944T

Mine is the same except for the drivers window leans to outside at top. Rolls up and down smoothly though. guess I need to see if the track is adjustable to make window roll up straight.

bryan70546

Mine is the same except for the drivers window leans to outside at top. Rolls up and down smoothly though. guess I need to see if the track is adjustable to make window roll up straight.
Mine is doing te same thing buts it the window on the passenger side it rolls down good till it gets about to the middle and then you have to use two hands , i did remove the door inpecection plate and looked up in there , I noticed i have a new window regulator , but cant see any probelm.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I watched Stan put some grease on the moving parts inside his door at Haspin. He said it helped. I did it when I got home, and it helped ALOT. Don't put it in the channels the window slides up and down in, those have felt or something like felt, and the grease will screw it up. Just put it in the moving parts inside the door.

Westex

I could sure use some seal on the front windows. I'm so used to hot weather, then the front came down, and the windshield wipers dont work, and then....oh well

Csm Davis

haven't fixed the leaning in and out of the door windows but if you have gaps around them some of them can be fixed by loosening all of the top hardware and the windshield and squaring them up with the door windows then tighten the top and windshield down, I have used straps to pull the top inline it can take a lot of pressure to move the hard top and don't forget to loosen all three sets of bolts. oh yeah check all the seals on the cab and make sure they are not on backward I have found many turned the wrong way!

emr

As far as a deuce goes, they all leak like sives , it is part of what they are, I say go for it...:-D...I just keep some mil brown towels u can get at most shows in the truck to tuck around the frames, every driver of a deuce gets a soaked right knee and then some, I look at it as part of what these trucks are and love it, Last year on Dec. 21st the truck was loaded with toys, and it was the very last second to get to the marine center here, And of course when i got to the truck it poured freezing rain, and my wipers worked so well every time i checked em, of course when i got in that morn they did not, and as all deuce owners know it gets as wet inside as out, Man that was a trial, i was fighting turning around untill I made the halfway point and then juststuck it out, but with that said would not change the set up, but did fix the wiper motor again...I wil say one of the first things on my list when i get a truck is to clean and lube the window tracks and lube the handles up real nice, ...Randy

tm america

i bent the track in a little to pull the windows in at the top it worked pretty good. but i think the problem is that the window tracks- felt is worn out and should be changed.windshield i put new whether stipping on and still get a little leak at the bottom center corners but i havent tried to move the windows over yet i will try that next.:roll:

Blood_of_Tyrants

Does anybody have some pictures of where to grease and how to adjust the window?
The windows are extremely simple. Just take off the door panel and look inside and start greasing everywhere you see a moving part. AS for adjustment, there are two pieces of metal that allow you to adjust for maximum up position and some tilt.

IMA944T

My driver side window works great but lean outside and to the frt. when rolled up. Found no adjustment for tracks inside door. Has a hard top but never thought on having to tweak it to make window seal half way good. Top of window it about 3/4 to 1 inch away from the top when rolled up. Several people have said to adjust track but I don't see any adjustments in it.

saddamsnightmare

December 29th, 2009.

To solve your windshield leaks at the center post bottom in the winter, just climb up on the hood and tuck the corners of the weather seal in with your fingers (works best if seals are new), then just don't open the windshield untill late spring. Solves 98% of the deuce windshield leaks (new weatherstrips can be a B----h to put in, trust me on that), also treat your new and old seal rubbers with silicone lubricant spray applied on the tip of your finger, it saves the rubber from drying out. Also use the silicone spray on the side window tracks felts to lubricate and waterproof same. Leaning side windows???? There should be some adjusting screws at the bottom of the tracks, but if the felts are worn out, these heavy beasties will lean, mine do and it really browns me off in a rain.
BUT at least the cab is drier then the CCKW and WWII Dodges....
Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

Scarecrow1

If the window seals are hollow as most are the you can take a needle meant for injecting meats and fill it with silicon , pump in some to enlarge the seal in areas that need a little help .... If it s a small gap this will help seal it ... I've used this for a while with no mishapes but only on old seals that were destined to be replaced anyway ......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks