• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector Seals

I just about finished the Head gasket job on my '68 M35A2 and found that two of the orange rings at the tops of the injectors are bad. The ring between the injector and the head. They are puffing in and out with every compression stroke and I need to replace them too. Does anyone know where I can get these new?? I have a spare motor out back so I could swap out some of them but for piece of mind I would rather get new ones if possible. Thanks for any and all info. Also while I am at it I will be needing a new tach cable if you can tell me where to get one of those too. Thanks again.

Kenny

Keith_J

The copper washers? They should be standard Bosch. Do you know the OD of the nozzle and thickness of the old gaskets? They are probably the same as the Dodge Cummins or VW TDIs which use Bosch injectors/pumps.

If you are in a hurry, you can flat sand both sides, then heat them to glowing to soften (anneal) them. They should seal but check the seats inside the head.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are much bigger than the ones used on the B or C. Try Memphis.

scooter01922

Not the copper washers, i know what he is talking about as i need some too. They are rubber and sit at the base or the collar on top of the injector. They seal the top of the hole the injector sits in. Bright orange in color on any deuce i have seen.

Actually I believe that it is the copper washers at the bottom that I am goin to need. I think the rubber on top is to keep dirt and moisture out of the injector port. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong. So anyone know where I can get some new copper washers??

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The orange seals are for keeping dirt, mud, bugs, rat turds and such out...you are correct scooter! The seal washers are for sealing the compression and for giving the nozzle the correct protrusion into the cylinder. Memphis, Antelope Valley and others will have them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks