• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

historic document

steelridingscum

hey does anyone have a title not in use for a deuce..
i purchased my deuce from a farmer in tennessee and i didnt get a title...long story short i need to get a title from somewhere and i would prefer to use an acutal m35
title... if anyone has scraped a truck or has paperwork for a destroyed truck let me know ... thanks.beau

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The safest (and legal so it will keep your tail out of jail) way to go would be to spend a few dollars with a place like ITS Titles. I just used them for a title correction on my 1974 International 4300 Transtar.

http://www.its-titles.com/

Just sand down the frame rail up front (near the front left tire IIRC) and use the number from your own frame for the paperwork.

Ruppster

area52

In NM you can go get the VIN verified by the State Police and they will run a check to see if its stolen, then you can go to the insurance company ( I use Allstate) and get a surety bond, take all that to the DMV and get a title.

Cost - $100 for the bond and whatever DMV charges

Farmun

I don't think you need the title from the seller here in TN, if the truck is over 30 years old. You need to complete and submit a "Certificate of Ownership" with the application for a title, at the same time you register/license the truck.

TN State Law, TCA 55-3-103 states:
(2) Notwithstanding any provision of this chapter to the contrary, a person may apply for a certificate of title to a vehicle lacking proper documentation, if the vehicle is at least thirty (30) years old and the person submits a certificate of ownership signed under penalty of perjury on a form prescribed by the department.

I did this (along with the SF97, even though I don't think it would have been requried) and got my title within 2 weeks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks