• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guess I won me a Deuce today

number9

Been looking at these for a while but they were always too far away it seemed. Noticed yesterday that there were some in Frankfort, KY - just a few minutes from home, so decided even if I had to pay a little extra for the truck it would offset the fuel to take my dropdeck and go get one somewhere.

I didn't get to go look at them in person, and I REALLY HOPE I don't live to regret that. Oh well, too late now. I really wanted a wincher but they went pretty high or looked a little rough in the pics. A hart top and heater were two items I most definitely wanted. The more I looked at the pics of this truck the more I thought it looked like it was in good shape, so I kept bidding. My boys are gonna LOVE riding around in this truck.

The pic of the battery door open - I wonder why they took that pic? Are they showing that it is in really good condition - ie. not rotted out, or that it doesn't have batteries in it? I know it's stupid to buy one and not even have looked at it in person, but that is what I have done........ hope it wasn't a grave mistake.

Here's the pics.

Attachments

91W350

Nice looking truck, I really wish I had held out for a 5 ton, like my original plan. Instead, I bought a really nice M1009. I wonder how much longer the steady diet of deuces and five tons are going to last. They have been pumping those bad boys out. It seems like they have been selling some really nice trucks! Wish that one was headed to Kansas....

greenjeepster

If I remember correctly that truck is missing the batteries. It is hard for me to remember them all, but of the ones I saw they are all very nice trucks compared to what I have seen sold in the past. They have been phasing the m35s out since the late 90s and the trucks coming up in auction are getting nicer and nicer. I am guessing it is because they are getting down to the end of the supply and having all of them replaced. I think in another two or three years these will all be gone and in private hands.

number9

^ that's what I was afraid of. So, what's batteries gonna set me back and where is the best place to get them? Takes 2, correct.

djimmy31

Most of the truck down there started. A few had dead batteries. There were 2 down there that stand out in my mind and you did get either one. One of them was missing the front passenger side wheel and they other had 'problem child' wrote on the side of the door lol. Looks like you did fine

greenjeepster

What did the Frankfort trucks go for?
I payed 1270.00 and 1400.00 for the two I bought, all of the ones with winches went near or over 2K. highest I saw was 2800.00. My ended watch list is currently empty, but usually everything you watched would be viewable after the action. if they come up later I will run down what they all went for.

greenjeepster

^ that's what I was afraid of. So, what's batteries gonna set me back and where is the best place to get them? Takes 2, correct.

Call GL tomorrow and see if and when you can go look the truck over before spending money on batteries. One I saw was missing batteries and it was one with a tarp on it. I am betting that is why they opened the door for the pick, but I could be wrong so check it out first.

The problem with this site is that it is a National Guard base so GL staff don't man it all the time like other sites so it is hard to get on to look at trucks and remove them. I wish they would move them to the Depot and sell from there, much easier to get access to the trucks at real base sites.

number9

Had planned on doing that very thing. Hopefully I can go over and look it over and know what to take with me to pick it up.

A lot of the trucks with winches I was looking at as the actions were closing were going over $2000. Several were over $2500 I remember. One was at $4100 last time I looked at it. Several of the w/o winch trucks were hovering around the $2000 +/- and were not complete. This was not the price on the main page, but the current bid price when you looked at the truck details page. I paid $2458 for mine :oops: Got caught up in it looking good in the pics and being complete and within only 20min from home.

Worst case, I can get my father-in-law to go over with me to pick it up if we need to work on it to get it going, or we can run down to Winchester and bring a dropdeck trailer over and pick it up.

I'll post back with what GL tells me in case anyone else needs to go over there for their truck too.

Blood_of_Tyrants

I payed 1270.00 and 1400.00 for the two I bought, all of the ones with winches went near or over 2K. highest I saw was 2800.00. My ended watch list is currently empty, but usually everything you watched would be viewable after the action. if they come up later I will run down what they all went for.

They looked nice. I guessed the other day that they would go for $1500-$2000.

TIGERFANS2

6922 = $888.00
6952 = $920.00

or at least that's what my bid history shows....

don't know if either had issues but if they didn't someone done real good

greenjeepster

Had planned on doing that very thing. Hopefully I can go over and look it over and know what to take with me to pick it up.

A lot of the trucks with winches I was looking at as the actions were closing were going over $2000. Several were over $2500 I remember. One was at $4100 last time I looked at it. Several of the w/o winch trucks were hovering around the $2000 +/- and were not complete. This was not the price on the main page, but the current bid price when you looked at the truck details page. I paid $2458 for mine :oops: Got caught up in it looking good in the pics and being complete and within only 20min from home.

Worst case, I can get my father-in-law to go over with me to pick it up if we need to work on it to get it going, or we can run down to Winchester and bring a dropdeck trailer over and pick it up.

I'll post back with what GL tells me in case anyone else needs to go over there for their truck too.

I have two to pick up and if you need help getting yours off I will be happy to help. I will be trying to get an appointment to go over and get mine ready for removal and then it is just a waiting game for the euc.
I don't think that is a bad price at all, if you bought it anywhere else it would have cost to move it. I looked at one in Columbus last year and the trucking company wanted 800.00 to get it on a back haul and that is less than a three hr run. The prices get higher as trucks start to close and fewer are available. The trick is to get lucky and get your trucks to close early. I do this by bidding mine high from the start so that there are many cheaper trucks available when you get down to the last hr or two. Then people run for the cheaper trucks and mine close on time;-)

Oh and if it comes down to having to take it home on a trailer it might be easier to call Roberts towing and have them go get it, might cost you 200.00 and they are real pros. I drive a concrete truck for Harrod concrete and they always rescue our trucks when we put them in hairy places. But I think you will be able to insure it and drive it off no problems.

Last edited:

roscoe

that's what I was afraid of. So, what's batteries gonna set me back and where is the best place to get them? Takes 2, correct.
Batteries are minor -- two of mine had dead batteries and one had batteries that died a few weeks later. I bought one set from Tractor Supply one set from Walmart and one set from Napa. I'm going to see which last longer. All were aroung $85.00/ battery. Your truck lucks good. I can't see any rust in the usual spots. Your tires look good -- except the flat one. Windshield looks solid with not cracks. You got the tarp and bows -- which appear to be in good shape. I think you did well. Worst case, the parts are probably worth more than you paid for the truck. Congratulations on the nice truck.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I priced some this week at my local battery store. $169.00 a piece :shock:. They were Deka 6TL ( the correct ones).

roscoe

I priced some this week at my local battery store. $169.00 a piece :shock:. They were Deka 6TL ( the correct ones).
I don't see the advantage of getting those expensive ones. Do they carry a ten year warranty or something? The last interstate utl6 batteries I replaced indicated they were new in 06'. Thats not a very long life. I have a Tractor Supply battery thats been in my dump truck for 11 years and still works great.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't see the advantage of getting those expensive ones. Do they carry a ten year warranty or something? The last interstate utl6 batteries I replaced indicated they were new in 06'. Thats not a very long life. I have a Tractor Supply battery thats been in my dump truck for 11 years and still works great.
The only advantage I see is they fit the battery holder and the box and if you are concerned about keeping the truck original. Whether or not it's worth the price is up to you. As you can see I posted I priced them but didn't buy any :wink:. My batteries are still starting the truck but are getting weak and was going to buy the 6TLs untill I priced them. Now I'm unsure if I want to pay the price to keep it original or go the cheaper route with just regular batteries.

JL628

I bid on 3, won 2. The one I really wanted went over $4000 and I let it go. But, it looked like a brand new truck. New paint job, nice tires, winch, hard top. low miles, 7500 or so. One I got was 2600 or so and the other was 1600. Both with winches and hard tops.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks