• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Leaking brake line M1009

rfischba1

I have a M1009 that has a leaking brake line , seems to be leaking from the inside metal line that runs along the inside of the right side fram.
Should I have all of the metal brake lines replaced?
Truck has a lot of rust on the underside.
How difficult of a job will this be?
How much will parts cost?
Anyone has a suggestions before I get into this project.
thanks

ida34

Do the whole line and I would further say replace all the lines. Not to hard. I usually take out the old line then measure it with a string to get the overall length. I then bend it to match the old line. On long runs you usually need to get a union and add two. Auto parts stores have pre cut line in various sizes and lengths. An inexpensive tubing bender helps but modern lines are hard to kink. Be careful when bending all the same. If you want to get really fancy get a double flare kit and you can make your own lines or cut the pre cut ones to length. If you do not get the double flare tool and cut the lines chances are you will end up with a little extra with the pre cut lines. Just make some exaggerated bends to take up the rest. Just make sure they will not rub on anything or get in the way of the suspension. If one is gone the rest are not too far behind so I would replace them all. The last step is bleeding the lines. Also check for problems with the rubber brake hoses while you are at it.

OLDCHEV4X4

Before u do all that, find the exact spot where its leaking. Sometimes its where a clamp holds the line to the frame, and it will rub a hole in the line. Then i would replace that line. But if they are all rusty, then go too it.

12vctd

personally I would replace the entire line, all you need is a double flare and you can get the lines at any auto parts store. Would be a good time to also check your rear wheel cylinders, and shoes and drums, as well as front calipers and rotors, and pads. there might be nothing wrong with any of the above mentioned parts but then again there just might and it would save brake fluid and time to replace any componet that needs fixed all while you are fixing the lines.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
anyone have a part number for the rubber hoses that connect to the power steering pump?

Might be better to start a thread, than use this one(about brake lines)

Also, the -20P is a good place to start looking for part numbers. Find the part in a picture, look at the part number, google it. You might be amazed!

Mudstone

they are break lines? kinda... attach from hydrobooster(breaks) to powersteering pump(not breaks) and mine are leaking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks