• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m109 electrical connections

n2ojunkie

Hi everyone, just started working on my 109 to turn it into a camper for hunting. I have a question, I did a search and seen nothing on it so I have to ask before I tear into the electrical. what are the plugs on the right front of the cab for? I know the two prong one is the 115 in, but what is the other one, the six prong one? Also I have a couple of smaller ones inside one next to the electrical boxes and one on the drivers side, I looked and I see nothing mentioned about them.

The truck is a 67 according to the dash plaque. its a non turbo. I don't know if any of this matters but I know sometimes they change things like this. Thanks and I'll have some pictures up later when it looks better, I am painting right now.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need pictures. My M109's only have the two prong connector high on the passenger side. BTW, that connector is pricey, north of $175, which is why many folks replace it with an RV 30 amp one.

n2ojunkie

Ok I'll have pics tomorrow. I looked in the manual and it shows two connectors, one on top of the other. Also I am missing the switch by the door for the black out lights, I have the four wires but they were just clipped off.

I got it all painted today and 3/4" subfloor in this weekend. I found a nice self contained shower unit that should fit nicely, and its only $219 new.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The top 2 prong one is a 60 amp service entrance for 110 ac power - the correct APJ-6275 plug is about $175-200. I've never seen one of the six prong ones installed on a truck , so it must have been a specialty shop van of some sort to have it. Inside, there are switches to change over from 24 volt to 110 ac . I'm pretty sure it's standard as I remember it in mine (they are not close) and have seen it in numerous other posts of the inside of 109's being converted to campers. HTH.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Neil,
I plan on being at the rally with my MKT! Probably will not do much trail riding with the cooking and cleanup. Will you be bringing any electrical test (IE, VOM) tools?

n2ojunkie

well thanks anyways, I knew the top was the 115ac input but didnt know what the bottom one was. I found a TB 9-4940-548-30 that list a # 5935-00-259-0340, but it doesn't say its purpose. I guess I just need to get a friend and long jumpers to run out a window and find where they go.

n2ojunkie

Would that make it a m185 ? I finally found the wiring diagram for the box and see the m185a3 has a connector and a start stop switch in it.

I was going threw the wires today tracing them from the switch to the box and started thinking that this might be what it was used for. Then I seen your post. Thanks. I have a mep 003 but I haven't looked at it in awhile, is this one able to be controlled by the truck? if so where could I get a cable?

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
SCSG-G4 I know very little electrical stuff. If you are talking meters and the like I have none, At this point I am trying to get the 109 trailer done enough to make the trip. I`m having trouble finding some of the fittings for the brakes and the weather is not coperateing.

TaylorTradingCo

I just picked up my thrid van this week. One is a M185A3 and the other two are M109's. All three have the big six prong plug on them. One of them even had the long, heavy cord inside with the male plug end on it and pigtails on the other for wiring into the generator. I have heard that these cords are scarce.

Can anyone tell me why in the world they did not put slave cable plugs on the vans? You cannot jump them off!

Derek Taylor

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Derek,
Yes, that cable is RARE. But both of my M109's have a slave cable attachment on the cab like most other deuces.

Neil,
I'll add a VOM to the list of things I bring.

n2ojunkie

I will be changing the two prong over to a standard RV plug. I would like the 6 prong one in case I want to drag along the gen set and not go out to start it when its cold outside. Still not sure if I can with this setup.