• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Farm bureau insurance in TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

slong

Has anyone had any luck getting there Deuse insured through farm bureau in TN. I've talked to one guy and he was no help. I talked to my agent and he said if anyone has been able to do it . He would use there to policy to show tha underwriters that it has been do already. I know I can go with Gulway but I would like to use my local agent if possible.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got TN FArm Bureau Insurance on my M35A2C and M715. No problem. It just has to be on a comercial policy but don't let that scare you. It's no more exspensive it's just a different way they write the policy. Shoot me a PM if you want more details :wink:.

slong

Thanks to all that helped. I got my policy. What kind of restrictions do all of you have with F.B.?

ivbeenrokd

I'm checking with Farm Bureau right now too and I'm they're telling me I can only get Liability. No full coverage or comprehensive available. Does this sound right to those of you that have Farm Bureau?

Thanks,

John

Carl_in_NH

It sounds right - because an insurance company that's not geared for older vehicles can't even figure out what something built in 1970 is really worth. It just doesn't fit their operational model.

Collector car insurance is what's going to cover everything - because they agree on a "stated value" for the vehicle in question. But as others have stated, it comes with a serious set of operational restrictions that most of us don't want for an MV we intend to use around the ranch.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm checking with Farm Bureau right now too and I'm they're telling me I can only get Liability. No full coverage or comprehensive available. Does this sound right to those of you that have Farm Bureau?

Thanks,

John
All I've got is liability and uninsured motorist with TN FB.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to go with AV tags on my M715 when it was time to renew but have never looked at the regs untill I read the link. Sounds pretty restrictive. Belive I'll pass.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I only drive on weekends anyway. AV tags are one time buy. you do not have to renew them every year. Save's me $$
I agree about saving money. That's the reason I was considering going to AV tags but I do drive the truck to work from time to time and for general farm work that may or may not happen on the weekends. Dickson has one of the highest wheel taxes in the state which doesn't help either. Tags cost me $84 for standard auto tags on the M715 and $109 for the M35A2C for J2 tags (16,000# farm tags).

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks