• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL wants my Deuce back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savage Sam

GL notified me that the demilitarization code for a M185A3 Instrumentation Shop Van that I purchased in February 2009 was changed from DTID to DEMIL "F". The change was made after the sale. Now they want it back. What can I do to keep the Duece?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How were you notified?

There has been a recent hold on sales of these trucks, because of a need to verify the classification of them. I would bet your is part of this situation.

I would not panic :wink:

1qwkgoat

Im sorry to hear "You Parted IT OUT" lol.

Im sure others on SS can help you with the correct route if my idea was so hot- Jay

And sold what was left for scrap?

If it came down to it thats what I'd say. Because even if they refund you what you paid for it. You're still going to be out the money you spent on getting it home, and what ever fluids/filters you have bought for it or anything you have fixed on it. The GL sales things says all are sales are "as is" does it say all sales are final anywhere?

saddamsnightmare

October 13th, 2009.

Invite them to pay the shipping both ways, insurance, title, repair ans upgrades.... it should be at least a $25,000 unit if they want it that bad. And, oh yes, call your Congressman or Senator and tell them Uncle's being anal about your wish to preserve a piece of the Nation's history and honor the GI's and Vets, also call your local news station, I'm sure with the right spin GL will loose interest fast enough.

Good Luck,
WE'RE ALL PULLING FOR YOU (yes, it qualifies as a shout so you could all hear it)!!!:p

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

stumps

GL notified me that the demilitarization code for a M185A3 Instrumentation Shop Van that I purchased in February 2009 was changed from DTID to DEMIL "F". The change was made after the sale. Now they want it back. What can I do to keep the Duece?
You agreed to give it back to them, under these circumstances, when you contracted to buy your deuce from GL. They will compensate you for what you paid, plus reasonable transportation costs.

Others, when faced with this situation, have moved the truck to some hidden location, and said they sold it for cash to some guy at a show. "He showed me his DL, his name was Smith, or something... didn't want a title...I wrote it down on a slip of paper.... What did I do with that paper?"

That, of course is lying to a federal officer, and would be wrong.

You could lawyer up, and insist that they remove whatever part is causing them heartburn, but you probably won't succeed in saving your deuce.

I think I'd give it back.

-Chuck

ABN173

was changed from DTID to DEMIL "F".
Wow that does sound like this is related to the pulling of all Deuces due to a "Verification Hold" DH mentioned on another thread. But it does not sound like good news. I would tell them you made lots of upgrades and they will need to pay you $_____ over your purchase price oh and a new problem just came up so they need to pick it up by line haul.

All kidding aside I hope it works out for you to keep it.

papercu

GL will loose interest fast enough
It's not G/L doing it, they are just the middle men. They have the record of who it was sold to, so they are the ones who send out the letter.
It will be the DOD that will investigate and they have very deep pockets.
While they may buy the scrap deal, you'll need to read the back of the EUC you signed, saying YOU will have a record of who it was sold to.
O Yeah before the thread goes too far into what to do and how, remember DOD can read and anything said here could be used in court. Wayne

Last edited:

greenjeepster

If you respond back to them, tell them you will need aprox 40-60 days to process their request! EUC payback time!
Ditto to this: lol

But as part of the contract you agreed to return it if the code changed on it or provide the name of the person you sold it to. You could always ell it for twice what you payed and then let them go and pay twice what you paye dto get it back. They will compensate you for the cost of the shipping and price paid, you are out of luck on anything else, that is the chance we take.

Do not pull the "I don't know who I sold it to" trick. They get enough of those and they will just start scraping every truck they get. God knows most of these would be bringing more as scrap anyway.

Sorry about your truck.

gunboy1656

That sucks about your truck.

My question is, is they changed the code and are coming for your truck.....How many other trucks are they coming after? How many M185/M109 series trucks are out in public hands are in trouble?

TexRdnec

part it out.

when they get to you point them in the direction of the frame and identification plate. have a big red bow attatched :wink:

seriously though, that's just wrong. i've only had my truck for two weeks now and i could probably easier part with kidney, that big camo'd bastard is like family!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks