• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Primary Filter Gasket?

cbvet

I know this has come up before, but I can't find the answer.

What are the absolutely, for sure, CORRECT NAPA part numbers for the primary & secondary fuel filter gaskets?

GoHot229

I punched on Clinto's (correct fuel filter gasket) and I'm supposing him to be correct on that one.....I'll just add that my recent primary filter change had me taking off the can and as I had a box of filters supplied when I got the Deuce, found both narrow and wide gaskets along with the filters, as well as different diameter in narrow and wide.....well upon re-assembly of the primary I wanted to put the new gaskets on for good measure since I had them, and re-use to me sounded risky. I found that I only had wide gaskets for the primary and that my particular (White) multifuel configuration used the narrow. I'm glad I failed to take and fish the gasket out with some auwl or some sharp what-not, because I'd have likely destroyed it. I got hip to that scenario changing filters on the side of the motor, the two oil filters, where I did monkey up the gasket prying them out. Luckily I had both narrow and wide for replacements and was able to use the new gaskets without problems. The thing is.....make sure that what your replacing is the proper width and diamiter, ie. narrow or wide.

No.2Diesel

Hi,

The "narrow" gasket on the primary does not fill the recessed groove and tends to "roll over" if the canister is not sinched up exactly square and is very irritating. I try to use the "fat" gasket and always replace the cardboard washer on the 1" bolt/nut.

Always clean the gasket area when replacing gaskets/o-rings.

coolnick73

Ha! They probably only have one and it is in Rochester, MN. That is for a 40's or 50's Chevy truck water pump gasket.

Ask me how I know! $8.00 in shipping to find that out.

Note to self: Always look at picture on the NAPA guy's computer screen before ordering.

fsudad1958

The Numbers I have for the gasket are a NAPA 5221 or 5406
Have been told on an other thread that the NAPA 3511 Filter comes with the correct gasket, I will find out for myself Saturday as that is when I plan to change filters for the first time on my newly aquired DUCE .

PS. had to wait 60 days for the EUC to clear but it was worth it.

acesneights1

The Numbers I have for the gasket are a NAPA 5221 or 5406
Have been told on an other thread that the NAPA 3511 Filter comes with the correct gasket, I will find out for myself Saturday as that is when I plan to change filters for the first time on my newly aquired DUCE .

PS. had to wait 60 days for the EUC to clear but it was worth it.
nope.
does anyone actually know the correct part number ?

jatonka

Napa 5131 and Wix 15131 are the numbers. Tell your napa to use the book and get you your gasket. Otherwise, email me and I'll send you one, I get them 100 per order. JT

acesneights1

Well I got so annoyed by this I decided to ditch the whole setup. I'll do a thread . I'm gonna change the filter base and use a spin on.
Got the filter and base from Amazon for 48$.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks