• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1008 electrical problem

scottodog

Got a m1008 with 44000 miles drove it home after a jump with no problems. When I jump started it later the dash started flashing the dash lights low coolant, glow plug, and the horn started sounding voltage dropped off and back up and then something smelled hot so I shut it off. The little relay looking box with three wires and some sort of resistor on the wires by the top of the fuse box was very hot. Also it sounds like a relay clicking on the firewall in the center at the same time the voltage drops and goes back up. Did a search and only could find something about a ground wire under the dash. Are there any other ideas before I troubleshoot more? I did find the ground wire on the drivers alt. loose but it didn't fix the problem.

Thanks Scott