• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parade Truck Upgrade....Semi Long

Srjeeper

Just finished what has to be one of the best upgrades I've done to ole Ms.Daisy since I owned her. As she is used only for shows, parades, funerals and other veterans events I don't need all the rears driving all the time. I don't care for the looks of lockout hubs or front hub covers on the back and I'm too old and fat to crawl up under there and drop drive shafts, so here's what I did. I took a pair of old rear axle shafts and cut them off of the hub covers. Then pulled the shafts out of Ms.Daisy's front rear and put the replacement covers on in their place.

Took her out for a spin and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! She moves along so smooth and easy that at times I though she was in neutral. Going around corners is so easy now that I can turn some of them one handed and I'm 60 years old. I'd be willing to bet it will have a big effect on fuel mileage too, because now the rears aren't fighting eachother down the road and thru the corners.

Now before ya head out and start pullin shafts "Hear This". You must keep your steering axle rear working, because there will be times when you will need to 'lock it in' along with the back rear to get over certain spots. If you haul loads, go off road, play in the sand or snow this is probably not the upgrade for you.

If your truck is a 'Prima-Donna deuce' like mine, then by all means consider it.

I feel so good about this, I think I'll go up to the house, pat the wife on the head and kiss the dog. :wink:

Or is it suppose to be the other way around? :oops:

I also want to thank 'maddawg308' for pickin up the old shafts for me and our own resident deuce guru 'Jatonka' for his advice. [thumbzup]

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel so good about this, I think I'll go up to the house, pat the wife on the head and kiss the dog.
been nice knowing ya Bill....:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks