• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sad and Happy at the same time , New truck

jfnemt1ff1

:-(While Yesterday I finalized the deal which sent my Gama Goat to its new home and picked up a New M35a2.:-D The truck looks like it was just overhauled just before gl got it. It has a new radiator and the engine looks new still has a lot of part #s that can be seen. I can see were the old plate on the side of the block was, but it fell off. In one of the pics there is a vent type tube that is right above the air filter any ideas. I have not yet had time to trace were it goes.
John

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is your air vent, it goes right there! Nice looking truck.

jfnemt1ff1

Great looking truck. Sorry to say, but they are definatly going to want your truck back.:-D
Thats what I thought when I got home and started reading that post. I went to the DMV and got the title in my name. On the title it says nothing about GL. Now I got to put my 395s on it and get it ready for a trip.
John

jfnemt1ff1

While today I took the 395s off the other truck and put them on the new one.(post pics friday) I gave it a good look over and it seems to have a ton of new parts. No leaks and all seals look like new. I have a couple of questions 1st what are the little flaps on the top of the cargo cover one in each corner, 2nd what color should the rims be and the grille guard. I seen then black or tan? Is a matter of taste.
John

BugEyeBear

... what are the little flaps on the top of the cargo cover one in each corner, ...
John
On my green camo cargo cover there are vents in each of these locations that look like dryer duct exhaust vents (triangular when viewed from the side, with the opening pointing down). I'm guessing that your truck saw action in the middle-east & MAYBE they close those vents off to prevent sand from blowing in??

Armada

what color should the rims be and the grille guard.
Tan trucks get everything coated with the same color when painted at the depot level. They load the gun and spray, then on to the next one. The unit level may change things up a little bit.

bassetdeuce

Tan trucks get everything coated with the same color when painted at the depot level. They load the gun and spray, then on to the next one. The unit level may change things up a little bit.
My tan deuce looks like it was brush painted. Looks good from a distance. Oh well, maybe when I re paint it I will use a brush.

Ya know to keep it original [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks