• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mixed fuel graphs

davemccoull

Here,s the graphs from previous post, you need hydrometers to checkS.G. of fuel, and then determine how much diesel to add. if anybody needs better copy, i will e-mail

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DR can you print and lamanate a couple of these???? Mabye if we are nice to DK she can make them big enough to go on the shop wall?????

Desert Rat

I think with a little persuasion she could help us. Dave, any way to send a clean copy of the graphs?

davemccoull

Mixed fuel graphs.

Desert Rat said:
I think with a little persuasion she could help us. Dave, any way to send a clean copy of the graphs?
Sorry guys. iknow the graphs are un readable due to me not knowing how to shrink them correctly. i have got a whizz kid on the job so i might get it right.
If people send me their Email address or home address i can email or send by snail mail. If not watch this space!.

Desert Rat

SWEET!!!!!!

Thanks Dave!!!!

Ok, Gary you now have your homework assignment due first thing Monday mourning (NOT misspelled!!!!)!!!!

houdel

Dave - OK, I can read the graphs, but what do they tell me and how do I use them? How about instructions for using the graphs in this thread, so all necessary info is in one place?

davemccoull

If you look at my post on Feb 22nd 2006 it explains how to use graphs. If you need more details you can PM me, or i,ll do another post!.
(you probably don,t get mixed fuel in the states like we do over here)

houdel

Here is the original posting from Dave on the use of mixed (diesel/gasoline) fuel form the Deuce forum:

"Don't know what its like in the States, but in U.K. we get drivers filling diesel cars with petrol, and petrol cars with diesel, by MISTAKE. When this happens the vehicles have to be towed in, and the tanks pumped out by the recovery firm. This fuel is know good to any body ,but to us with multifueler,s, theyare just glad to get rid of it for free.

I have 200 gals of this stuff, and a chemist friend of mine has devised a graph to show ratio of petrol to diesel (I run on 60% diesel). You need a couple of hydrometers to measure specific gravity of mixed fuel, look up on the graph and find what percentage of diesel there is. I have another graph that tells how much diesel to add to bring it up to 60%. The fuel I get is usually about 80% petrol."

If I read Dave's chart and post correctly, I'd first use the relative density chart to determine the amount of diesel in the diesel/gasoline mix. I.E., if the specific gravity of my mixed fuel is 0.800, then my mixture is 50% diesel and 50% gasoline. Then I'd use the second chart to calculate the amount of diesel I need to add to the mixed fuel to bring it to 60% diesel. In this example, at a 50% diesel/50% gasoline mix, I'd need to add 250 ml per litre of mixed fuel to bring the total volume to 60% diesel/40% gasoline. Am I reading you correctly, Dave?

On a related note, does anyone know what percentage of filtered waste motor oil can be safely run in a multifuel? Would that percentage be temperature varient? Dave - can your chemist friend come up with a similar set of charts for blending diesel/WMO?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Lee!
Specific gravity: Take two equal samples, one of distilled water and one of the fuel. Weigh them accurately.
The ratio of the fuel sample to the water sample is the specific gravity (density).

On burning used motor oil, how bad does the exhaust get?

davemccoull

mixed fuel graphs

Your absoulutely dead right Lee, you,ve saved me alot of typing, which takes me forever.
Specific gravity can be found by comparing weight of distilled water against the fuel, but accurate digital scales are needed.
I don,t think mixing WMO with diesel would work too well, i think the fuel would be too dense.
It might be better to mix WMO with gasoline, he might be able to come up with a graph for that. what are views on this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks