• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Strange starting problem

3dubs

It is not cold here at all. But my M1009 takes time to start when not hot. It was starting right up. Then it would not start at all. I thought the batteris were too low. The next morning I was going hunting so I used starter fluid and it started. Then it was back to taking about ten seconds of cranking. Now it will not start again. When I crank it grey smoke comes out of the exhaust. Both batteries are at 12.9V so almost 26V to spin the engine over. I would think if there was smoke there is fuel. But this has me scratching my head.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When using ether with the cucv, you must disable the glow plug control circuit and wait to be sure the glow plugs are "cold", or you are playing russian roulette!

New glow plugs? they are only new, til you apply power once, then they are used. Did you know that if your engine is cold, and you leave the key on for a few minutes(without starting), you probably will burn out your"new" glow plugs?

You need to test them and the other components, to find your problem.

Last edited:

iamspencer

i had similar problem, when it was hot the fuel would leak out of me fuel filter box on the firewall, so it would take a long time to crank out the air in the line

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks