• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arctic Battery Box

cruzinz28

I am currently looking for a Arctic Battery Box for my truck. I have been given two leads to findout that one place doesn't have them anymore and the other one the website/company is no longer in business. If anyone knows of where I can get one, please PM me.

If you have one of these battery boxes, I would appreciate it if you could take some good dimensions of the box so I can attempt to recreate one as accuratly as I can. Thanks for all the help! - Jesse

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want the whole shebang, you need to relocate the battery box to below the companion seat of your deuce. The battery compartment will house the engine coolant/oil pan heater.
The modifications to the battery box are not visible from the outside, so you can improvise and do it yourself. I used copper tubing for the heater part in the bottom of the box and glued sections from a military polyethylene "sleeping mat" (the kind you get at the swap meets for about a buck a piece in a roll), which is a very good insulator to all sides of the box. The box for my 8x8 also has a lid, so it must be vented.
Images are for the 8x8, but the principle applies.
If/when you install the fuel burning heater, location is important, the coolant moves by convection and the heater must be below or even with the engine and the battery box.

Attachments

Last edited:

cruzinz28

I got the heated plate for the battery box with my engine coolant heater. I plan to relocate the batteries as shown in the TM to make room for the engine coolant heater setup. Thanks for the pictures! This is step one. Once I have the battery box in hand or have one made, I can relocate the batteries and begin the engine coolant heater install.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Jessie, you planning on moving to the artic or do you know something weather-wise that you should be sharing with your MD SS brothers?? I know you will do this project to spec... I gotta take a run west and hunt you and bobbed artic deuce down...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks