• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Controller bypass

southdave

I am getting my truck back together and I don;t want to mess around with glow plug issue. Try a search to no avail. I know that there is away to yank out the card and install a push button system like on heavy equipment. can someone point me in the right direction.
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To manually operate the glow plugs, all you need to do is ground the small terminal with the blue wire on it(GP relay). No need to remove any of the existing system.

Just add a wire from that terminal, go to a push button switch, come off the push button switch and connect to ground. Done!

fwiw, I have seen good results with a manual button and AC60G glowplugs.

btw, I just searched for "manual glow" in the cucv forum, there's a weeks worth of reading there!
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/search.php?searchid=500525

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I have personally seen my friend hold his button for over 15 seconds, repeatedly! His are still going strong!

southdave

Dog HeadI am about done the by pass have to get switch. So I am guess that the glow sensors on each are not needed? maybe I should study the wiring diagram alittle more

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure what your asking. If your asking if you need the sensors, to have a manually controlled Glow Plug relay, you do not need the sensors if you use a push button(manual control).

Be sure to use a push button switch(normally open, momentary contact) and not a toggle switch.

btw, great avatar!

southdave

Love the Steve. I broke one the prongs off the unit while reinstalling engine. Any way I was worried that it tied to the heating element in the fuel filter, if it is not worried about it I'll just get bigger batteries
thanks again
dave

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks