• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snow too early

johnfrombeyond

Its Oct 18, 2009, the grass is green and the leaves are still on the trees and its snowing. After church we will pack this big green truck with our few worldly possesions and make a slow, loud, poor fuel milage trek south. The new homestead will be the first place that is above 75! (on a side note, im aware the cargo cover is on backwards)

Attachments

redcoat54th

Good luck. When I retire, I plan on loading the snow blower into the trailer and head south until someone asks "whats that" pointing at the snow blower. Then I will have arrived!

DieselBob

Come on, everyone knows it's global warming that has changed the ocean currents and caused the early cold weather. I even verified it with my magic “8” ball

Alredneck

Banned
Pops, Iron Mike calls to us all ( lightfighters ) but I cant give in, my ruck is packed and rifle oiled! Man if it wasnt for my kids being here in TN, me thinks me be up by 5th RTD up in Dahlonega.

Is it just me but in all my travels I have talked to folks who all say along with my own observations and say its been a cold year. Though the summer was kinda hot but it was short. Mes thinks its going to be a crazy cold winter!

greenjeepster

I think cold is relative. I like to travel around old KY and visit all these old historical sites and the one thing I see in common is that the old houses all have ice houses on the grounds and little markers that say they "used to cut ice off of local ponds and store it here for summer time use". Well we have been here 4 years now and I haven't seen a pond frozen thick enough to walk on yet:?:

dc3coyote

And to think that I bugged out of Ga as fast as I could because it gets too cold. My only complaint is that when I was in school the map stopped at the Mason Dixon line. That cost me three years of misery while I was in New Hampshire.

WPNS421

You Southern boys are spoiled, come up to the Great Canadian north, right now it is still nice an no snow. We have spent the last 10 days putting the green machines away for the winter. We will keep the M35 and M109 going so we can play in the snow, and yes believe it or not we start and run our deuces in the winter.
When I was a young lad in the military I remember going on winter training exercies in February, one year rhe temperarure fell to -32 degrees for 6 days. When they decided to leave 1/2 the trucks (M135/M211/M37) had to be thawed out especially the brakes and differntials. Now that was cold. My wife and I are looking for a place in a warmer climate/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks