• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Add-ons

Das Uber Soldat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seeing the add on thread for dueces, I thought to see what everyone does for add-ons for their CUCVs. I know that their isn't much for military add-ons, but let's see what people have done that still look "military-esque".
I know you have...
1. HMMWV rims and tires
2. Bench seats
3. Cargo cover

Tnrobocop

CD stereo with speakers, extra fuel can holders, center console from a civi K5 blazer or Ford Bronco, fire extinguisher brackets, extra rifle holders, external spare tire carrier/HMMWV tire carrier, winch, external tall jack, CB radios.

Just the things I have done or see right off the top of my head. We have done all of these things on CUCV's in service.

simple but it helps alot. I got these magnetic led dome push button lights. stuck them to the ceiling and now i have a cheap nice dome light. I got mine at academy sports but i have seen some nice ones at wal mart too in the lighting section

Wolf.Dose

I once added to mine a simple spade clamp to hold a maglight, a center holder for a 1.5 liter coffee can with dispenser to have hot coffee available on long tours, a dome light made from a cheep plastic lamp with a off the shelf switch (house electric) under the roof powerfull enough to be able to read maps at night (by that time a GPS was still very expensive and inacurate (1992)) and a off the shelf cheep radio with two speakers. Ah, and two extra 15AH batteries charged by the altinators to have for light and radio and such stuff electric energy independently from the starting batteries. These two small batteries gave me the possibility for at least 20 hours of radio and dome light together without discarging the starting batteries or one of them with 12 V stuff.
Wolf

CDN-CUCV

A Big A** boat anchor so I can drive into the river when it is finished. lol
No. Actually I built a snorkel for that;-)

Source or fabricate a machine-gun ring for the top.

Remote control, hard-wired spotlight.

Portal axles on Dana 60 and 14 bolt diffs. with humvee bead locks or Centerline I.C.E. wheels. Hutchinson bead locks could work too.

Air con for the heat, extra diesel-fired auxillary heater for the cold.

Extra water and fuel jerry cans( hint: research the SAS and Spec. ops. vehicles for ideas,)

Infrared lighting

and the list goes on....:-D

So far, I have a pioneer kit, Bostrom Viking air-ride seat, late model console with 12v. outlets, two GPS', CB, Aerotech cordura fabric on the door panels, black dash, extra Scepter fuel and water jerry cans, lock-up storage and ammo cans inside with lots of goodies inside, camo netting, four antenna mounts, two antennas, cd player, amp and speakers, Hi-Lift jack, ropes, straps etc. spotlight and a snorkel. More to come...

Last edited:

Midnight Rider

No. Actually I built a snorkel for that;-)

Source or fabricate a machine-gun ring for the top.

Remote control, hard-wired spotlight.

Portal axles on Dana 60 and 14 bolt diffs. with humvee bead locks or Centerline I.C.E. wheels. Hutchinson bead locks could work too.

Air con for the heat, extra diesel-fired auxillary heater for the cold.

Extra water and fuel jerry cans( hint: research the SAS and Spec. ops. vehicles for ideas,)

Infrared lighting

and the list goes on....:-D

So far, I have a pioneer kit, Bostrom Viking air-ride seat, late model console with 12v. outlets, two GPS', CB, Aerotech cordura fabric on the door panels, black dash, extra Scepter fuel and water jerry cans, lock-up storage and ammo cans inside with lots of goodies inside, camo netting, four antenna mounts, two antennas, cd player, amp and speakers, Hi-Lift jack, ropes, straps etc. spotlight and a snorkel. More to come...
I think you forgot the kitchen sink. :-D

You add too much more and it sounds like you'll have to extend the wheelbase!:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks